Audi 2.0 TDI s-line quattro 8P1 Bottom Arms (Camber issue)

jhunter8286

Hi guys.

I’m looking for a bit of advice on an issue I have been having.

The camber on my front wheels is slightly out leading to wear over time on the outside edge of the wheels so the camber of the wheels is slightly sticking out at the top nothing major but it does affect it over time.

I have a friend who works at a garage and he says there no more adjustment he can make to resolve the issue. The car has various previous owners and I am unsure of the wheels are the original spec (likely not).

So he advised it could be that the bottom arms have been changed at some point at a guess and that may be why the camber is being affected.

My question is, is there any way for me to confirm the part number of the bottom arms is correct with my car. There is one original Audi one and one aftermarket however both are showing the same issue. The number on the Audi arm is 1K0407153.

I have tried to look on eBay and there is a few with the same number however there are none that states it is for the Quattro variant.

I was thinking that maybe it could be the wheels but then I assume if it put different wheels on it would still have the same problem. They are only 18’s and nothing special and the rears sit fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks Jamie

The only way I can imagine camber to be affected would be the wrong bottom arms, the wrong stub axles, or longer springs, but I don't know how to find the right part numbers. I am pretty sure different wheels would not change the camber.

Having said that, is it definitely the camber that is out, and not the toe-in? Excessive toe-in would cause similar wear to the outer shoulder of the tyres.

Hi there, thanks for the replay.

I spoke to my friend the mechanic earlier and he showed me the toe angle during the alignment check when I popped in was = to 1 so no issue there.

He is going to try to contact Audi in the week to check the part number of the bottom arms as he say it looks to be sitting at the correct height spring wise (but never say never it could be that) and they are original audi springs not aftermarket.

Had a quick look at the hubs when we had it up in the air previously so maybe unlikely to be that as the issue is the same on both sides.

So probably looking like either the bottom arms or springs by sounds of it.