Time to look at Warranties

So Car is 3 at the end of the Month so time to consider Warranty options. Audi have conveniently reminded me that it i an option to extent the original  but does anyone out there in cyber land have any experience of warranty post New car warranties? Thanks muchly. 

Hello Tom, 

Difficult one, since you are rightly looking for advice on not only a comparison of the VAG extended warranty compared with other commercially available ones , but more importantly, the success rate/hassle factor in the event of a claim. 

To me, it’s the latter consideration which becomes the all important bit, since the cover extent detail is the stumbling block. As is said, the devil is in the detail, and personally, I would be more interested in what is excluded from cover rather than what is included.

VAG extended warranties? Probably more expensive ( partly due to dealer commission from their sale to you?), and probably ties you in to a greater extent into servicing at the dealer. Not to say, you cannot get the car serviced at an independent, but I guess this will aggravate the potential hassle factor if you do have to claim.

Of course, there is another consideration which suggests you simply put funds one side incase issues arise. 

Sorry this isn’t of much help, and hoping someone may come up with a sound recommendation based on a claim experience.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

I am thinking the same way as you Gareth. Having scoped out a few quotes including Warranty Direct who I have used in the past the Audi Scheme seems best value for money considering the milage I do +15K / annum but to keep it affordable the excess would need to be pushed up. My main concern is more for the high cost repairs that could arise such as Turbo and Gearbox so a comprehensive policy is a nice to have but at an expense. 

With all Warranty policies there will be the quibble and wriggling and I would hope opting for the Audi one would remove that element. at ~£40/ Month could putting £480 / year away cover any unfortunate failure. It would go some way to covering the cost.