Sign in to follow this  
warice

Advice regarding maintenance package

Purchased an Audi A6 saloon under PCH.Just wondered whether its worth taking out an Audi maintenance package that includes servicing and tires at £24 per month for a 2 year period.plan to do 20-25k miles 

Thank you 

All depends on whether or not you want a known cost up front. Whilst that's not a huge mileage, consider how many tyres you will need (probably 2xfront, 1xrear and the cost of these (~£150 each). So tyres on their own@ £900 V £548 in maintenance. That's probably a high estimate but even 4 tyres over the 24 month period is worth the monthly fee.

Hello Warris,

It very much depends on what this maintenance package actually covers - you will need to read the small print and look for what is excluded. It may for example cover what can be termed ‘routine servicing’ but may (in caps.) is exclude wear and tear components such as brake pads and discs - it would surprise me if it does. 

Tyres? Personally, I would be surprised if this actually covers replacing your worn out tyres free of charge - but I could be wrong, and again the small print will give you the full story. My feeling is it covers (accidental) damage to the tyres rather than wear and free replacement. If it’s damage only then of course this cover would be dependent on buying your replacement tyres through the main dealer and the actual cover may be on a pro rata pay out for the amount of tread left rather than a full cost reimbursement. 

It really boils down to sitting down for a half hour and reading through it, and then deciding. Being cynical, the salesman will probably be earning a commission from signing you up to this, but..

Kind regards, 

Gareth.

I appreciate the current culture seems to deal in £s per month, but it might be worth noting that you will be paying £576 for this over the 2 years it covers, so ....

On 6/9/2019 at 1:24 PM, Maxi said:

All depends on whether or not you want a known cost up front. Whilst that's not a huge mileage, consider how many tyres you will need (probably 2xfront, 1xrear and the cost of these (~£150 each). So tyres on their own@ £900 V £548 in maintenance. That's probably a high estimate but even 4 tyres over the 24 month period is worth the monthly fee.

Thank you for your kind reply 

On 6/10/2019 at 9:03 AM, Magnet said:

Hello Warris,

It very much depends on what this maintenance package actually covers - you will need to read the small print and look for what is excluded. It may for example cover what can be termed ‘routine servicing’ but may (in caps.) is exclude wear and tear components such as brake pads and discs - it would surprise me if it does. 

Tyres? Personally, I would be surprised if this actually covers replacing your worn out tyres free of charge - but I could be wrong, and again the small print will give you the full story. My feeling is it covers (accidental) damage to the tyres rather than wear and free replacement. If it’s damage only then of course this cover would be dependent on buying your replacement tyres through the main dealer and the actual cover may be on a pro rata pay out for the amount of tread left rather than a full cost reimbursement. 

It really boils down to sitting down for a half hour and reading through it, and then deciding. Being cynical, the salesman will probably be earning a commission from signing you up to this, but..

Kind regards, 

Gareth.

I appreciate the current culture seems to deal in £s per month, but it might be worth noting that you will be paying £576 for this over the 2 years it covers, so ....

Thank you for your kind reply.

I opted to go with Autoserve Ltd who have "revised" the maintenance costs to £26.95 per month over 2 years.

the contract offers ALL  servicing over 2 years at an Audi dealership and includes tyres as long as not sidewall damage and vandalism and if tread is 2mm or less.

additionally included is MOT,warranty assistance, breakdown recovery,courtesy vehicle, collection+ delivery,24hr driver care technical support.