A4 allroad (2015) sat nav update

Ian.S

Evening all, after saying I'd never have an Audi due to a nightmare with my Son's 55 plate A4 (oil pump drive fiasco) I have relented and bought a 2015 Allroad, lovely car but it has no sat nav fitted, is it better just to buy one or is it feasible to install an Audi unit with the sat nav or am I really just being daft...….. any advice is welcome, cheers 

Hello Ian,

Sat. nav. used to be an understandable desirable/must have extra.

Now? most people now have smart phones where this facility is available and easily tapped into. 

If it were mine, I would just go down this route, and simply leave it as is. 

As I said, in built sat. nav. was desirable, but again how often used if your journeys are as most folks- regularly repeated - so not needed every day? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

yeah you're probably right Gareth, i think the biggest bug bear is going to be the lack of USB connectivity for our lass (main user), when we went to look at the car her only questions were "how many bales of hay can i get in" and "will my USB stick go in" and that was that....lol, I'm sure she'll get over that though once she starts driving it 🙄