Advice on remap and induction kit installation order (Audi A3 2.0 TDI 8P)

Will A3

I’m planning to remap my Audi A3 2.0 TDI 8P and also at some point install a K&N Induction Kit.

I was wondering if anybody could give me advice on whether there’s any benefits of installing these in a particular order?

(i.e. remap then induction kit or induction kit then remap)? Or does it even matter at all?

thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I was doing some work on my audi a3 8p1 '08, 2.0 tdi bkd endine. I think there wont  be much benefit from induction kit. If you do, do it properly, there is few options, buy standart sport type filter, using same housing, if you do buy mushroom one, then filter has to be seperated from engine bay, because car have to get cold air, not hot air from engine bay, so that mushroom filter have to be in kind of box, with opening towards original air intake slot. Personally i would advice get standart size sport filter.

I have replaced intercooler, and i bought intake pipes from darkside development, but after use for a wile, really need kit from intercooler to intake manifold. From turbo to intercooler i would advise use standart pipes, just replace seals, and cracked rubber pipes, and will need one adapter from standart pipe to intercooler (as aluminium intercooler is not click system but sleeve system).

I have removed egr with egr cooling system, worth to buy adapter for cooling system from L shape to I shape. 

Regarding remap, i used remapper on uk eBay , and asked to remap other ecu, not original. So my original ecu on top shelve just for unknown case 😂

My engine is 138 hp, remapper said it goin to be between 180-190 hp. I havent checked on rollers, but i feel it is way quicker. Not using car for racing or anything sport ish, it is handy to have sometimes extra few horses under bonnet, as sometimes needed on motorway and quick move on roundabouts.

In normal driving conditions i found out that car is approx 10-15 % more economical than on standard ecu. 

Ta

Cheers for the advise! 

i’ve been quoted 182bhp / 400nm with a 10-15% fuel economy increase for the stage 1 remap which i’m impressed with.

The induction kit i’m looking at is a full system so it will replace the last section of pipework and replaces the oem airbox with its own airbox therefore preventing hot air intake from the engine bay.