Simmy1

Rear heated window

Hi

Been told by audi the rear window is the problem(see earlier post ) can this be repaired or will it require new window.i have tried to attach pic of window showing damage but wont upload any ideas how i can post the pics 

Hello Carl,

So did you follow earlier advice and get the rear screen heating element tested for continuity of the element, and it was found to be at fault? 

If so, whoever has diagnosed this problem, should be able to give you a fair idea of where the break is. Certainly with the older types, the element was inside-surface mounted, and was susceptible to damage if say something was loaded into the car and the hatch closed against it. Current technology with these things ?? - but may still be the same. If so, you used to be able to paint on repair solution to bridge the break. 

Could you come back to us once you’ve got some more information? 

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Hi yes there is to much damage so having window replaced as more practical option.would have needed 3/4 kits auto windscreen have done it for £244 inc vat for the rear window thats tinted.

Just had a call auto windscreens now cant supply window as its damaged but i can pay an additional cost of £126 so cancelled the job and will try the repair a second one from a breakers if 169 but rather have new if i have to 

Sorry Carl, it’s probably me, but I’m not at all sure what you are saying/meaning about ‘having widow replaced .......can’t supply window as it’s damaged...but can pay an additional cost....’ 

Hi they gave me a price but then txt to say the initial supplier had the window but was damaged and didnt know when they would have any more. The new supplier had one but at the additional cost 

Does all of this mean you are attempting to fit secondhand rear screens then Carl? 

No was getting new wouldnt want to risk 2nd hand will get it re booked in end march on pay day