Audi 100CD , Valuation for insurance

Dell

I have sent emails to the club as there is no telephone number, I have to get a Valuation my Audi 100 CD for insurance purposes ,Audi Dealer has stated £7000 to£8000 but won't give an exact figure? I have spent almost that on the car , 31.900 miles registered with old MOTs to back this up, everything is original Audi parts , small piece of chrome trim missing from passenger side between the gap at  the roof gutter and the doors! Original Carpets still look new as do the seats and the interior. There is a tiny scratch from someone being an idiot on drivers door ! Otherwise it's a great motor , it has been in the garage with my mechanic most of the last year while I am waiting for a garage to keep it in! Thanks for any help you can give with the valuation !

Forgot to say it's a four door saloon 2.23 cc.     All the best Dell .

My membership will need renewal soon!

Hello Dell,

Can we take it that you have the car insured on a classic car policy on an agree value, limited mileage policy, and the need for the (independent?) valuation is dictated by a need to agree the value with the insurers/brokers?

If so, as a matter of interest, who are the brokers/insurers? -  since many (most) will accept a valuation form completed by the owner, and supported by photographs, if the valuation is under a ball park figure of £20K. Are the brokers questioning your valuation, and therefore asking for an independent valuation? 

I’m a little out of touch with the escalating values of some of these ‘modern classics’, but my stab at it is that your Audi dealer’s (salesman?) valuation of £7 to £8 is rather high - but I could well be wrong, and often am! 

I appreciate you have spent almost that amount on the car, but the hard fact is that car renovation is invariably a loss making venture, so  your expenditure cannot be taken as a marker point for its valuation.

A couple of avenues for you -  if your broker is insisting on an independent valuation, is to seek out another broker who will accept a self valuation. Failing that, I would be approaching a couple of your regional (all makes) Classic Car Club’s and asking there if anyone would provide you with an independent valuation. Might also be worth looking at magazines such as ’Modern Classics’ who may well list condition 1,2 and 3 valuations for a variety of marques and models.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.