Fuel pipes

Slinky2836

Hi all new member here.

During these very strange times I have taken advantage of my down time and am trying to get my wifes 80 cabriolet ready for it's MOT, (it's been an ongoing project for 2 ish years), so no excuses. I have changed the steel fuel lines for modern fuel lines connecting these before they go up the bulkhead. Now I am almost certain that I have reconnected them in the correct order! The car starts and runs all be it on axle stands, the problem starts when the engine is turned off. Fuel begins to drip from the charcoal filter overflow situated below the drivers footwell. This leads me to believe that I have mixed up the return pipe and the one serving the charcoal filter, problem is I don't want to swap the pipes over potentially making things worse. so the question is can anyone enlighten me as to the correct order of the pipes from the tank going forward or has anyone any other ideas as to the source of this problem.

Apart from this mystery everything else is going well, just waiting for more bits to be delivered. Just need the phone to stay quiet for a bit longer and I can get this finished.

Cheers Simon