Electric windows

Mick 1
聽Share

Hi everybody I joined a couple of days ago and got a great answer from Steve he solved my problem. I have another one if anyone can help. I put a used window motor in the drivers door. The front and rear windows work with the individual buttons but all four windows will not go down with single button, also the drivers side don't drop for the roof to go down I have to do that manually. Any help and thanks to everyone on here.

1 hour ago, Mick 1 said:

Hi everybody I joined a couple of days ago and got a great answer from Steve he solved my problem. I have another one if anyone can help. I put a used window motor in the drivers door. The front and rear windows work with the individual buttons but all four windows will not go down with single button, also the drivers side don't drop for the roof to go down I have to do that manually. Any help and thanks to everyone on here.

Glad I could help 馃檪

Well as the windows are operating normally, I think we can rule out the regulators, motors and fuses. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the drivers side switch. My advice would be to try and reprogram them before you replace them. Here's info I've found on line for the a3 8p:

"Window programing.

Are you experiencing issues with the auto up/down function? Well, you may just need to reinitialize the window switch or each panel. Every time the car battery is removed, the window switches are required to be reprogrammed in order to have the auto-roll down function initiated. To program the switches, do the following:

• Press thedownbutton for 10 seconds.
  • Press theupbutton for 10 seconds."

If that doesn't work then it might be worth removing the drivers side switch and cleaning the connectors.聽

Hope I've helped.聽

Cheers

Steve