boot issues

willz75

hi recently purchased a audi a4  2.4 v6 quattro convertable 2002..its turning out to be a nightmare...roof dont work,,,which can be fixed..hole is the flexi pipe which will be welded with a new flexi,,my issue is i cant open my boot at all,,i know you can use the key manually but not working but it was working,,,wont open electronically although i can hear the mecanism working with key and door,,i have snapped 2 keys trying to get into the boot maunaully,,,is there any other way apart from taking a hammer to it to get into the boot please...like i say i could open it manually but then seems jammed shut now,,,,oh and the horn dont work 

hi steve 

thanks for your reply i have seen this video but i cant get into my boot at all to replace any thing...it wont open elecctrical and i,ve now snapped 2 keys trying to do it manually,,it did open with the key but has now decided not too 

6 hours ago, willz75 said:

hi steve 

thanks for your reply i have seen this video but i cant get into my boot at all to replace any thing...it wont open elecctrical and i,ve now snapped 2 keys trying to do it manually,,it did open with the key but has now decided not too 

You're welcome. Might be worth you ringing the aa as they can often get doors open etc without causing damage. 

• 8 months later...

Have a look at your boot lock.  Its the slit in the vertical position?  It has to be vertical to be opened with the boot release inside the car or with the boot handle switch.  If its horizontal it will only open from the key fob.