No Air con

Stewb

Hi guys

About 3 weeks ago my AC packed up so looked online for a fix, and ordered a air conditioning pressure switch 4H0959126B.

Fitted the switch this morning and hey presto I now have full AC again, just in case anyone has no AC try this before you go to the dealer.

The switch is located on the right hand side of the condenser in front of the radiator when looking from the front of the car.

Make sure the engine is cold so not to loose any fluid on the A6 C7 you only have to take of the plastic cover on top of the grill,

then unscrew the sensor and replace with the new one an easy fix for about 20 quid. 

Hope this will help some off you out.

cheers

Stewart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Thanks for this great advice Stewart, glad it's all sorted for you 🙂 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve

Just hope it will help some people out.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:02 PM, Stewb said:

Hi guys

About 3 weeks ago my AC packed up so looked online for a fix, and ordered a air conditioning pressure switch 4H0959126B.

Fitted the switch this morning and hey presto I now have full AC again, just in case anyone has no AC try this before you go to the dealer.

The switch is located on the right hand side of the condenser in front of the radiator when looking from the front of the car.

Make sure the engine is cold so not to loose any fluid on the A6 C7 you only have to take of the plastic cover on top of the grill,

then unscrew the sensor and replace with the new one an easy fix for about 20 quid. 

cheers

Stewart.

Hi Stewart, glad you got it sorted.

How did you know it wasn't working, was there any other signs or was it just blowing warmer air?

Just about a week ago I noticed my air con wasn't as cold as normal and then put it on yesterday and it's not cold at all.

I thought it may need a re-gas but now thinking could it just be this sensor?

Hi James 

That's the same that happened to mine, I went to Kwikfit and was told it was fully gassed. no cost yippee.

So I looked on line and a lot of the Americans had the same problem so I ordered the sensor part number above,

and at 20 quidish it's a no brainer in my opinion to try this first and it's so easy you wouldn't believe it.

Sorry for the late reply just back from the wet Isle of Skye M8.

2 hours ago, Stewb said:

Hi James 

That's the same that happened to mine, I went to Kwikfit and was told it was fully gassed. no cost yippee.

So I looked on line and a lot of the Americans had the same problem so I ordered the sensor part number above,

and at 20 quidish it's a no brainer in my opinion to try this first and it's so easy you wouldn't believe it.

Sorry for the late reply just back from the wet Isle of Skye M8.

Thanks for reply mate. I ordered the sensor, same part number and for the sake of 20 quid (£19.85) to be exact lol.

Have just got in from work and the sensor arrived today so just popped it in and it's worked a treat 🙂 

much appreciated mate, saved me a whole lot of hassle, money and possibly a sweaty weekend 😂

Hello Stewart,

Sounds a great pointer. 

I wondered if this is just A6, and the reason for asking was that a family member has an early 2015 A4 Avant, and has experienced poor/lack of air con. Issue was diagnosed as a faulty magnetic clutch on the compressor, but the mechanic didn’t want to change the clutch part - in favour of a complete compressor. With Audi wanting £1000 ( with discount) for a compressor, the car was fitted with a Brand x replacement. Upshot, sort of cools air a bit, but does not consistently chill and it. Diagnosis is now an unreliable valve in the new compressor. 

Just wondering Stewart:- Do you know if the sensor is common to the A4 as well, and if so, and the sensor goes faulty, can it result in cooler, but not chilled air, as well as not cooled at all? 

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2020 at 12:02 PM, Stewb said:

Hi guys

cheers

Stewart.

I have a problem with the AC button.  I press him.  the light comes on and goes out immediately.  and the AC was not working