new here n got question

Milo84
聽Share

Hi all,

im new here and got a question. My a5 needs new exhaust and im looking to get custom catback done. Nothing silly loud but rather get something custom than fork out for audi OEM. My question is 2.25 OEM pipes to ??? im thinking 2.5inch to match OEM downpipe(if it is 2.5 and not 2.25inch like the rest of pipes?) or what else? im not doin remap or stages..just want something lasting and sounding better than OEM....

Any tips please?

Welcome to the forum Milo, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪

My brother, and friends have fitted Powerflow exhausts to their vehicles and I can strongly recommend them. You can choose the sound and diameter you wish.聽

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reply...gotta sort something out as i can hear it dingling on bumpy roads. I have decided for 2,5" pipes with all 4 boxes. Going for reduced size drone ones tho...hope to get nothing too loud but better than stock as my kids are in every day...

Little update on my side...been to Wellingborough's聽 RGS Motosport to get some ideas and been quoted 拢1308 for custom exhaust (great chat and info but 拢1000ish i was told and happy with been pre-VAT).聽For 拢1400 i can get milltek online and fit it myself or at mate's garage. 3rd option(next week appointment on Monday)聽is聽go聽to Northampton Mr Tyre to get quote on powerflow one so i'll see what i'll get done at the end. My biggest problem is there are no local garages/places that do custom exhausts. There was one called DB Tints(Kettering)聽i loved and got all my previous cars sorted but it is no more.....covid brought it down to its聽knees....

milltek-sport-audi-a5-sportback-20-tfsi-2wd-and-quattro-multitronic-s-tronic-cat-back-exhaust-ssxau436.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

sooo finaly all done... picked up this bad boy yday and its a milltek 3inch resonated exhaust...all done from catback with 3inch downpipe as well

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg