Tyres for SQ5

Rams

What tyres are you using on your Q5 or SQ5?

I currently have Pirelli P Zeros 21 inch and have pretty much got through 8 tyres in 34k miles.

Do you use the same? 

If different why did you choose them and what differences have you noticed?

Thanks

Hello Robert,

Wondered if you could be a bit more specific with the maths.

Does 8 tyres in 34k miles equal 2 sets of tyres of which each set has lasted approx. 17k? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

9 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Robert,

Wondered if you could be a bit more specific with the maths.

Does 8 tyres in 34k miles equal 2 sets of tyres of which each set has lasted approx. 17k? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, Yes 2 sets of 4 to get the 8 tyres.

Just seems a lot less than previous tyres I've had driving no differently.

Many thanks Robert,

No doubt SQ5 owners will share their experiences, but if indeed you are getting approx. 17k per set then I wouldn’t have thought that was too unreasonable. 

However, if the car has only covered 34k miles from new, and the first set lasted longer than 17k then obviously you will know how this set of Pirelli s have performed compared with the originals.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 6:21 PM, Buzzing2411 said:

Hey, 

Im running pirelli P Zero 21 inch on my SQ5. Ive burnt through these in just over 11k miles. 

So 17k is not unreasonable for sure. 

Just a dent in the pocket as you should change 4 at a time. 

Regards Craig 

Hi, I have identical spec tyres on 21" rims. Not wearing very well. I'm thinking of dropping to 20" with a higher profile of 45 perhaps. What are your views. I know grip/performance will be less.

My sq5 is stage 2, 400bhp so ill be sticking with the pirelli. 

I've done 11k on a full set. 

Got another 1k left in them I think. 

Your choice mate but i would stick with the pirelli. Im savi for high quality tyres and brakes. 

Regards Craig 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks Andy,

With an average annual mileage of only 4K, I would anticipate that the car is used infrequently and on short runs. If so, obviously tyres are going to wear quicker due more frequent changes in direction and more stop stop starts. 
One of our local ‘executive hire’ companies gets many tens of thousands of miles from their tyres on cars operating on continuous long distance motorway trips.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

13 hours ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Andy,

With an average annual mileage of only 4K, I would anticipate that the car is used infrequently and on short runs. If so, obviously tyres are going to wear quicker due more frequent changes in direction and more stop stop starts. 
One of our local ‘executive hire’ companies gets many tens of thousands of miles from their tyres on cars operating on continuous long distance motorway trips.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth, I agree with your reasoning, but 12000 miles still seems very low to me. The tyres are Continental so I think I'll try another manufacturer.

Andy.

Thanks Andy,

Worth trying an alternative brand, but the tyres our local executive hire company are using and getting high mileage on on their Mercedes and Audis? - Continental! 
Michelin might ( in caps) give you more mileage. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

44 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Andy,

Worth trying an alternative brand, but the tyres our local executive hire company are using on their Mercedes and Audis? - Continental! 
Michelin might ( in caps) give you more mileage. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I worked in the motor trade for over 40 years and have had Contis before on many cars, and have always held them in high regard, hence why I fitted these and why I'm so surprised by their lack of longevity. Onwards and upwards!!

• 6 months later...