HELP NEEDED AUDI A6 4.2 QUATTRO 2001

MDKENT

Good afternoon , I am new to the forum so " hi " to one and all . I have just bought the above vehicle REG NO Y411 GDM , CHASSIS NO WAUZZZ4BZ1N092958.

Purchased Via Dealer Auction it did not come with any history so in the process of trying to track that down . Drives beautifully I must say . The central locking does not work , it unlocks with the key and starts . The horn sounds for about 10 seconds and the indicators flash for about a minute then it stops ?? any ideas please. I have changed the battery in the remote makes no difference. 

With no service history current mileage 107000 would it be advisable to do the timing chain , belts etc. Bear in mind I am no mechanic so its a job for someone who knows these cars .

I am also " considering " tuning it and maybe a sports exhaust , any comments welcome.

I truly love these old avant cars one fo my favourites and I intend to get it up to tip top spec again it has a few little marks and some of the pixels in the binnacle are missing but other than that its a fabulous car.

Any help or advice will be gratefully received . Thank you Mark 

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely be changing the belt and water pump as you have no history. Ironically I've got the same unlocking issue with my a6 but not got it sorted yet. I'm thinking it could be the driver's door mechanism.