A bit of advice on were to connect my rear speaker wire.

den9112

Hi, i am in the process of fitting a new HU in my non bose 2011 a3 cabriolet (from Chorus) i have replaced the front speakers with some Focal components and all is running fine ..The A pillar on the cab is pretty easy to remove for the tweeters  but replacing takes a lot longer ,anyway i have now moved on to the rear were i am fitting some Herts 5.25inch and i have managed to run both pairs of speaker wires to the HU (no connection yet) ...now before i rush in a splice the wires to pick up the rear connections ,green and purple i am not sure were to join them as i notice the Connects2 block as the rear wires connected and that plugs in to the pioneer block then in to the HU ,do i pick up from pioneer in to HU or further down on the connects2 block..My car as only ever had two front speakers and never had a rear amp ..Any help before i go cutting away would be appreciated..Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Very quickly DO NOT let the "speaker stripe" and the "speaker non stripe" end touch even for a second, you will blow the board, NOT the fuse.💀:crying:

Far better to stick a bit of insulation tape on both ends till you are ready to fit insulated crimp terminals.