Oil leakage on A3 2012 1.6 tdi engine.

IgorA3

Hi guys, just been out doing the usual checks on the car, oil level, water, washer fluid ect. ect. (Oil needed a top up)

I took the engine cover off out of curiosity and noticed oil sitting in the cavity on the engine, under the fuel lines. Dipped a rag in to make sure, and it is definitely oil (not diesel) that has leaked out. 

I did run the engine for a few minutes but could not see the oil seeping out of anywhere and I don't have  time to investigate further as I'm off to away to work for a week as of tonight. 

I am wondering If any of you fellow Audi owners / drivers have encountered this problem before or if any of you know what could be the cause of this issue and what kind of remedy / fix I am looking at here?

It's a A3 1.6 TDi 2012 plate on about 99k miles.

Attached photos of the issue. Thanks for your time.

igor

fullsizeoutput_1007.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1005.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1004.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1009.jpeg

Igor.

Considering the puddle of oil is right next to the oil filler cap I'd say that is the most likely candidate. Is the cap tight? Is there a seal under the cap? If not, crankcase pressure may have blown oil out of the filler neck.