Audi 80 Cab - 2.8L Final Edition

GeorgeS

HI All,

I am new to the forum and wanted your view and advice on a 2000 Audi 80 Cab 2.8 which I am looking to purchase. I have seen a 138K car with a full service history and wanted to understand a couple of things. I intend to use this as a daily driver for local trips and will be left outside. Wanted your view on whether this is do- able with minimum challenge.

Any pointers on buying advice would also be appreciated.  How are these for parts and service at this age?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Look for water ingress into the cabin as the roof and it's seals will now be over 20 years old. If you need a new roof this could cost you £2k at a guess. 

Mechanically it should be ok as long as service as been kept too. If it needs a cambelt and water pump change then factor a bill of £500-£600. 

Also speaking from personal experience of running a an old Audi almost daily, you may need to factor in high repair costs. My a6 has been owned by me and my father before me a d it has been maintained regardless of cost. This year already it has had it's routine service & mot, plus two boot struts, a window regulator a d us going in next week for the central locking and alarm to be looked at. 

My a6 is sentimental so I won't get rid of it, but I do have a newer car for daily use. It's not all bad though, for example my a6 completed 2,253 miles to abd from Scotland whilst doing the north coast 500 and didn't skip a beat once.