Audi S3 8V Stage 1 vs stock F20 M135i

Car Nitty
聽Share

Hi Guys,聽

I'm not a current Audi owner (owned a 2009 A3 8P S-Line with the legendary 1.9TDI until ULEZ screwed me over 馃が

Anyway, I currently own a pre-LCI M135i and compared it to an Audi S3 Saloon running stage 1 and I have to say, as a big RWD fanatic, I was very impressed. I drove a stock Golf R which didn't do much for me but the S3 has swayed me and I'd love to share this with you guys and get your thoughts.聽

I personally love big engines. I love the MK5 R32 and the 3.2 VR6 A3 and of course the RS3 but this comparison has earned a whole new level of respect for 2.0L cars due to the haldex Quattro system.聽

Please check it out and let me know your thoughts! Comment on the video if you can as I'd love some real S3 owners views there - good or bad!

Thank you.聽

https://youtu.be/aW411bmKgTM

I personally think it's the quattro system which is the key advantage for any performance Audi. I appreciate it adds extra weight and slows down a 0-60 time compared to rwd but the benefits are more grip in the corners etc.聽

• Thanks 1

I wholeheartedly agree with you. There's a reason why M X-Drive and 4matic have been used on newer M and AMG models. I hope Audi can add a RWD mode on future cars.聽

Thanks for responding.聽

X-Drive seems to get better as generations go on. The current M cars are very impressive but without a doubt Quattro has the history and reputation.聽

I do think 4matic is rubbish in comparison...