A3 competition

Cent

Hi just joined up. 

Took delivery of an A3 45 tfsi e competition yesterday as new company car. 

Insane upgrade from the previous qashqai, but as family got older, the bigger motor not needed, so got back to a hot hatch. 

Previously had a mk4 golf gti with many mods that put out 236bhp, but the audi is on on other level

IMG_20210616_194918.jpg

10 hours ago, Cent said:

Hi just joined up. 

Insane upgrade from the previous qashqai, but as family got older, the bigger motor not needed, so got back to a hot hatch. 

Previously had a mk4 golf gti with many mods that put out 236bhp, but the audi is on on other level

IMG_20210616_194918.jpg

Looks lovely, glad you're pleased with it 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 7:54 PM, Cent said:

Hi just joined up. 

IMG_20210616_194918.jpg

Very nice

• 1 month later...

Mine didn't. After watching pretty much every video online I could find, I thought it came with the ambient lighting too... Nope

Did you choose any extras? I’ve gone c+s but in hindsight I doubt I’ll know the difference. What’s the economy like? I’m currently doing a 61 mile round trip commute in a Kia Niro and averaging 70mpg, a little scared my pocket will get hit having read mixed reviews on the TFSI e and it’s economy.

41 minutes ago, Cent said:

Mine didn't. After watching pretty much every video online I could find, I thought it came with the ambient lighting too... Nope

P.S retrofit the ambient lighting, winter time it’ll make all the difference. Sh*tter it’s not standard. 

I was an inpatient sod and got it on lease, out of 10 companies only one found stock. 

Has the c+s pack, don't be put off by the initial month tho, they seem to need running in of sorts (and default settings aren't great) 

Current settings are 

Treb 2

Bass 5

Sub 4

Surround 6

3d surround high

Economy wise, I'm still in honeymoon period with a heavy foot and weekly commute is 5 mins. So use battery only for that. 

Went to center parcs from Plymouth a couple weeks ago, used just under half a tank 1 way. The home journey was a bit more trying to avoid A303 which is a nightmare 

6 hours ago, Cent said:

I was an inpatient sod and got it on lease, out of 10 companies only one found stock. 

Has the c+s pack, don't be put off by the initial month tho, they seem to need running in of sorts (and default settings aren't great) 

Current settings are 

Treb 2

Bass 5

Sub 4

Surround 6

3d surround high

Economy wise, I'm still in honeymoon period with a heavy foot and weekly commute is 5 mins. So use battery only for that. 

Went to center parcs from Plymouth a couple weeks ago, used just under half a tank 1 way. The home journey was a bit more trying to avoid A303 which is a nightmare 

Thanks for the settings. I’ll give it a go.

I am very jealous! Can’t wait. 

9 hours ago, Cent said:

Current settings are 

Treb 2

Bass 5

Sub 4

Surround 6

3d surround high

Thanks for the settings. I’ll give it a go.

I am very jealous! Can’t wait. 

I went with ‘nevarro blue’ what were you driving before?

That's the colour I wanted lol

Qashqai previously, family were still little when I got it so the space was much needed but not now. Before that a navy blue astra h, and the mk4 golf gti I mentioned... Also indigo pearl effect 

Edited by Cent

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cent said:

Nice, not seen one in red yet. Please post pics 😉

Will do. It was either white or red I was going to get. Just had the Estoril blue BMW, but missed my old red golf, so had to go red again.

It seems I have my 1st gremlin appear, long drive home yesterday it was fine. This morning a knocking noise from the front, heard and felt inside the cabin and is speed related. 

Local audi dealer can't book it in for 2 weeks. Ffs

• 7 months later...

Hi all, just need some help. Got an a3 (71) competition from Dec 2021. Unfortunately, a learner driver hit the front grill, on the parked car, with minor damage. Cracked number plate and grill. Been for repair, but i can't seem to understand why or if there is a section between the grill and the lower vent being an open space? 

Help .. is this suppose to have this open space on the left side of the bumper, as the right side has a inset cover. The repairs have no knowledge and audi are not clear on this either.

What has others got? Help appreciated 

20220505_160016.jpg

Edited by ZAT
Added picture

Thats savage and hope it gets sorted  soon, Yeah its an open space. 

Edited by Cent
Spelling

19 hours ago, Cent said:

Thats savage and hope it gets sorted  soon, Yeah its an open space. 

Thanks... its been all done and repaired, but looks weird with the hole. I was sure it was covered before

On 6/2/2022 at 1:26 AM, ZAT said:

Hi all, just need some help. Got an a3 (71) competition from Dec 2021. Unfortunately, a learner driver hit the front grill, on the parked car, with minor damage. Cracked number plate and grill. Been for repair, but i can't seem to understand why or if there is a section between the grill and the lower vent being an open space? 

Help .. is this suppose to have this open space on the left side of the bumper, as the right side has a inset cover. The repairs have no knowledge and audi are not clear on this either.

What has others got? Help appreciated 

20220505_160016.jpg

Just checked a pic of my car and that too has the same air-intake gap, so it seems fine, as per the pic I've attached. Hope that puts your mind at rest 👍🏻

PXL_20220108_133821979~3.jpg

Edited by Compo
Amended pic

31 minutes ago, Compo said:

Just checked a pic of my car and that too has the same air-intake gap, so it seems fine, as per the pic I've attached. Hope that puts your mind at rest 👍🏻

PXL_20220108_133821979~3.jpg

Thanks... lol, now that doesn't make sense. You see the right side has a blanking cover but not in the left. See example below from a friends car, who has a blanking plate on both side. 

20220505_155934.jpg

17 minutes ago, ZAT said:

Thanks... lol, now that doesn't make sense. You see the right side has a blanking cover but not in the left. See example below from a friends car, who has a blanking plate on both side. 

20220505_155934.jpg

I'll check mine when I go out later and let you know if it's blank on both sides or not? Is your friends car the same spec, engine and model etc?  

18 minutes ago, Compo said:

I'll check mine when I go out later and let you know if it's blank on both sides or not? Is your friends car the same spec, engine and model etc?  

Cheers Compo. 

No, it not the competition version... but been looking at so many online, its seem inconsistent, some do and some don't. Just bot simple us it...hahaha

*not simple is it.

Edited by ZAT
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 6:36 PM, ZAT said:

Cheers Compo. 

No, it not the competition version... but been looking at so many online, its seem inconsistent, some do and some don't. Just bot simple us it...hahaha

*not simple is it.

Hi... did anyone get a chance to have a look at the front bottom grill? 

2 hours ago, ZAT said:

Hi... did anyone get a chance to have a look at the front bottom grill? 

My apologies, I did mean to update the thread. I checked my car, and both sides have the gap you refer to.  They look like air intakes.