Brake pad warning light

Q5Rob

When my brake pad warning light came on I had my rear pads changed on my Q5 at my local garage. Unfortunately the light is still on despite putting on new sensors. Is there something I’m missing? Does Audi have to reset anything?

The warning light is controlled through a sacrificial contact connected to the brake pads (normally on only one side of the car) If this is not replaced when the contact is exposed / broken then the warning will not go. They are normally a separate order item aside pads / disks 

• Like 1

Just in case they get a little excited with the pricing see link below - they should have checked this when changing out the pads. If the dash light is on then the sensor is done.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/search/106440178?type=shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw87SHBhBiEiwAukSeURuOF5D_f3rGSYyZVbcgMW-u5v76NwInXX3FaDeMtmAfH7PfCEn0PRoC-FUQAvD_BwE

• 1 year later...

2018, Q5 (latest shape). Pad warning light can on 3 months ago. Had pads and discs checked, all ok. Decided to replace pads, discs and sensors. Light is still on and reset tool states “open circuit on both calipers and tyre pressures low on both rear Tyres.

must be a connection problem but both calipers are working fine and Tyres ok?

Help please!

My apologies I should’ve concluded what the problem was…. It was in fact a broken core (electrical wire) to the sensor. It didn’t need new sensors at all just like it didn’t need or get new brake disks as all major car dealer try to impose on unsuspecting customers.

Just now, Q5Rob said:

My apologies I should’ve concluded what the problem was…. It was in fact a broken core (electrical wire) to the sensor. It didn’t need new sensors at all just like it didn’t need or get new brake disks as all major car dealer try to impose on unsuspecting customers.

Seek reputable independent professionals regarding dealership recommendations. They are probably lining their pockets with premature simple work