Audi OEM Roof bars damage on Black Edition

JetroHeller

Hey Team Audi,

Have any of you seen or heard of this issue before. I have OEM roof bars supplied by my local Audi dealership. The bars come with a torque spanner so a great way to ensure you don't over tighten. I have a Black Edition with Black roof rails, I had the roof bars on for 2 weeks only to see that the matt paint has rubbed off, this was caused by the rubber mounts on the roof bars. For what it's worth, I only wash the vehicle with Autoglym products which I got from Audi. I also made sure that the rails and rubber mounts were clean before I put them on.

Andrew Doyle and his executive team have blamed me for the damage and basically told me to sack eggs even though this is an AUDI OEM product.

PLEASE HELP!!

20210630_123218.jpg

20210630_123255.jpg

20210630_123347.jpg

Edited by JetroHeller
Typo

• 7 months later...

Hey, mine has done exactly the same thing! I’ve been searching online to see if anyone else’s has done this. 
i am going to try and hit up the dealership for warranty.

did you find anyway to fix it?

30 minutes ago, BenAudiAus said:

Hey, mine has done exactly the same thing! I’ve been searching online to see if anyone else’s has done this. 
i am going to try and hit up the dealership for warranty.

did you find anyway to fix it?

Hey Ben,

Not at all, Audi blamed me and said that I damaged it. Don't see why I would do that to be honest. They have been absolutely useless and unprepared to help at all. HQ even went as far as threatening legal on me if I try to take this further. They also blocked my emails and the way they have treated me as a loyal customer is pretty poor. I really hope you succeed and if you do, please let me know what was said and done about it.

Good luck buddy.