Shocks were only the beginning

Marko1968

Ladies and gents… I need some help I have looked at the shocks after the clunking sound that was getting worse.

but to my dismay, the new wishbone I fitted has either stripped the thread or it has just corroded in the sub frame… so now I need to source a new one!

Are there any suggestions of where I can get a new one from….

Many thanks folks for any advice will be grateful 

Marko

Hello Mark,

Could you confirm you are talking of needing a wishbone here?

If so, my recent choice were Lemforder brand, - obtained via. an eBay search and enquiry. These appear to be good quality, and more expensive than the cheapest, but I try to buy good quality at best prices, rather than buying the cheapest available. Buy once and wisely. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Gareth

Many thanks for your reply, no I changed the wishbone but when bolted back into the sub frame, the bolt didn’t engage… so was in need of a whole new subframe…. Luckily I have sourced 1 from Germany for £160 direct. So happy days. Let’s just hope it in bolts easily….🤞🏻

4 hours ago, Marko1968 said:

Gareth

Many thanks for your reply, no I changed the wishbone but when bolted back into the sub frame, the bolt didn’t engage… so was in need of a whole new subframe…. Luckily I have sourced 1 from Germany for £160 direct. So happy days. Let’s just hope it in bolts easily….🤞🏻

Hate to point out the obvious but if you had phoned the local thread recovery service they are mobile and charge about £50 to restore most wrung threads in situ, have done this many times in the past and its saved a fortune as well as not having to replace the offending part risking doing it to another bolt further along the chain.

Steve.

• Like 1