First car choices - A3 8l / S3 8l / TT 8n / A4 B5 1.9tdi?

iKnight
聽Share

Hiya all!聽

Been wanting an Audi forever, and I think now's the time to bite the bullet. Ideally I'd pick up an S4 B5 though financial suicide isn't an option I'm too keen on. 馃槃Which of those would you all recommend, based on the fact that:

- I'm a student, so the car would just be for fun.

- (Shocker) I'm a student, so reliability would be nice.

- I'd want to use it year-around (Sweden).

Price wise, I can afford any of the choices, but spending less is never bad.聽Insurance and fuel costs would be similar (bar for the B5, which would be cheaper to insure and which uses less fuel). The S3 is of course the most sporty, but I don't want to necessarily wrap myself around a tree any time soon, or lose my license 馃槈 . 1.8t B5 is also within consideration.聽

Any and all input is welcome!

Edited by iKnight

• 2 weeks later...

The 1.9tdi will be the most reliable. Being older models expect expensive bills. I speak from experience. My a6 my family have owned from new. I suspect insurance quotes need to be your first priority in my opinion. TT is a fast appreciating classic, so if you get one keep it stock. Have a look on YouTube for buyers guides聽