New member and new first time Audi owner

Howdy_Boy

Hi All,

Thanks for allowing me to join this forum.

I have recently purchased my first Audi, an A4 Quattro Allroad (B8) 2016 and so far I am very happy.

I do have a couple of observations, one of which I will share as a comment the other as a question

Firstly, I can't quite comprehend what went through the mindset of the designer of the interior control layout, my only hope is that whatever medication they are on is not available on the NHS.

Secondly, I am not a great fan of space-saver wheels and tyres and would love to replace what's in the boot with something slightly more practical. I am not after an identical rim (as these are astronomically priced, even from a second hand source). My question is really about the dimension metrics of my existing rim/tyre and that of the spare.

I am currently running on 245/40/R19, I would rather not go for another R19, however I would like to go for a lower R value but say with a higher aspect ratio?

I realise there are practical and safety pros and cons to both, but I am open to suggestions/recommendations

Regards,

Howdy Boy

Hi John welcome to the forum,I recently  bought a new audi A3 saloon and had the same problem with spare wheel,however I bought a wheel from a company called tyremen ,it is a brand new wheel  made from aluminium  with a top quality blow up tyre and are specially made for new cars and fit the shallow wheel tray etc they are also very strong and come in a bag with a German jack plus wheel key and bolts all for 199 pounds,hope this helps you Dave Wise

1 hour ago, David Wise said:

Hi John welcome to the forum,I recently  bought a new audi A3 saloon and had the same problem with spare wheel,however I bought a wheel from a company called tyremen ,it is a brand new wheel  made from aluminium  with a top quality blow up tyre and are specially made for new cars and fit the shallow wheel tray etc they are also very strong and come in a bag with a German jack plus wheel key and bolts all for 199 pounds,hope this helps you Dave Wise

Hi Dave, many thanks for your reply.