Car alarm going off

Neil C

Has anyone experienced the car alarm going off twice in the small hours of the morning for no reason, no one around or any animals around,  the car is parked in the same position all day and night. 

Hi Neil,have you checked all the windows and doors are shut,try using your spare key to lock the car and check all your sensors are clean etc,sounds daft but probably is a simple solution good luck Dave Wise 

I had this on my a6 c5. I had to have an auto electrician fix the central locking system and repair a broken wire in the system. My central locking is still hit and miss so I think my ccm is failing. 

However your car is a lot newer so I would definitely recommend a diagnostic check. Have you switched off the interior alarm? To see if it stops the main alarm going off. 

I ask as a fly or spider could set off the alarm via the interior sensors. 

Funny enough I had an auto technician come over, he run a diagnostic on the car.  All ok no problem with my alarm he reckons it’s scum bags driving around with a scanner to see if any car opens so they can steal it. 

thank you for your advice Steve Q

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neil C said:

Funny enough I had an auto technician come over, he run a diagnostic on the car.  All ok no problem with my alarm he reckons it’s scum bags driving around with a scanner to see if any car opens so they can steal it. 

thank you for your advice Steve Q

You're welcome ☺️ wow really I wouldn't be surprised! My advice for security would be to a ghost alarm. My mate has one on his campervan and it's a neat bit of kit.