L3 1-2 no comm between ecu & fault code reader ecu relays wet

commonasmuckjohnsmif

Hi any help would be  very much appreciated I have a similar issue with my A4 B7 170ps Black Edition with the BRD engine the code showing in mine is L3 1-2 the problem started with a possible engine management light coming on & sometimes being sluggish up some slight gradients 2 day it finally gave up, stalled & took ages to start again then 300 metres down the road she died I called RAC out I ended up telling him to leave after I watched him pour diesel out on to the tarmac so she went to be looked at eventually I was told no communication between the fault code reader & ecu so the ecu is at fault a while later I enquire have we any news? Oh the key has gone missing so eventually I got her back minus the key I got a replacement key & an ecu both matching to my car an AQ ecu & 433mhz key I dropped them off & asked again a few weeks later no nothing after 5 months I got the car returned after in 5 days I've found out more than him in 5 months that my relays in the ecu box have been submerged in water I've cleaned the plug contacts up & I've got new relays but the code L3 1-2 is showing

You can try and dry it out but more often than not the components that have got wet will need replacing. Im in a similar situation with my c5 as I need a new ccm after it got wet. It's dried out best it could but I've got intermittent central locking issues etc. 

Yes thanks I've dried it all out & made a temporary 'umbrella' to go over the top of the ecu lid & I've already fitted 2 brand new relays & the 3rd is the expensive 1 that didn't suffer like the other 2 they were absolutely beyond it I've done continuity tests on the relay plugs I remember now when I had purchased an oem key from volkservice in Blackpool when they were coding the new key there was a code on the dash very similar to the 1 on my dash

20211118_115755.jpg

20211118_115518.jpg

20211118_115505.jpg

20211116_193735.jpg

20211116_193727.jpg

20211116_193723.jpg

20211116_193748.jpg

20211116_193741.jpg

20211116_095637.jpg

20211115_235043.jpg

20211115_235032.jpg

20211115_231339.jpg

The wiring loom is ok I've done a continuity test on that I'm just waiting to see if a fault code reader picks up the ecu now & as well vag com is saying anything else it didn't help with the place I thought would have been ok doing the work but he lost the key & after 5 months of seeing nothing much being done I got the car back finding more out myself than he did

Yes don't go to

Redman Autos

Cocker Ave, Poulton Industrial Estate, Blackpool, Poulton-le-Fylde FY6 8JU

I thought he would have been fine I've been getting my cars tested by him for quite a few years & nowhere else was willing to touch my mates 1995/1996 RS2 after he put a con rod through his block it got passed around & eventually to him he did it good time, the cost was ok & nothing missing or spare nuts/bolts/bits leftover so I thought he would have had it done & out of the way big mistake it's not as if I wanted it done on the cheap either

28 minutes ago, commonasmuckjohnsmif said:

Yes don't go to

Redman Autos

Cocker Ave, Poulton Industrial Estate, Blackpool, Poulton-le-Fylde FY6 8JU

I thought he would have been fine I've been getting my cars tested by him for quite a few years & nowhere else was willing to touch my mates 1995/1996 RS2 after he put a con rod through his block it got passed around & eventually to him he did it good time, the cost was ok & nothing missing or spare nuts/bolts/bits leftover so I thought he would have had it done & out of the way big mistake it's not as if I wanted it done on the cheap either

Totally agree, it's trying to find trusted garages a d once you find one you stick with it. Sounds like the quality of their work has gone down hill in this case. 

On 12/8/2021 at 12:53 AM, Steve Q said:

Totally agree, it's trying to find trusted garages a d once you find one you stick with it. Sounds like the quality of their work has gone down hill in this case. 

Thanks very much to those that suggested solutions to my problem & a special big shout out to Steve Q it's not who I knew it's what I knew after cleaning up my relay plug contacts & 2 relays posted from Autodoc online from Germany the 3rd I managed to clean up I found the coded spare basic blade key which stopped the alarm from sounding (the 3 button original was lost by redman autos Poulton Le Fylde) the dash code L3 1-2 was for the key that wasn't coded so the correct key in the ignition, the fuel filter now filled with fuel there was a sound I remembered from a while ago after almost 9 months she's running again this clip wasn't a cold start but thanks for all the help