First Q7.. wheels options.

Ace8800

Hi all, 

Im new to the Audi Q7 club, just bought the MK2 Q7 65 reg. After being a Lexus man, they didn't have a great option for 7 seats. The X5 in my budget range looked dated so went for Q7 for a number of reasons:

Looks newer, drove better, 3rd row is electric, but also its much quieter. I also manged to find one with Tech pack, soft closing doors, leather pack, parking pack, full leather, Matrix headlights, Bose. 

Anyway its got 20" alloys and wanted to get the 22s, but wanted to get others views how the ride quality is.. im also considering 21s too, either must be genuine alloys. I dont want it driving like a sports car.

You responce would be much appreciated. 

Hello Magid,

The logic of increasing wheel dia. ia simple:- the more you increase the diameter the less rubber you are going to end up with between you and the road - lower profile tyres will be necessary to retain the same outside diameter. Of course, the lower the profile of the tyre, the more the ride quality will be compromised. 
I think the decision will rest with you - do you want to car to ‘look more attractive’, ( bearing in mind you can’t see the wheels when you are driving and can only admire them ‘in passing’!), or do you want to retain the ride quality you have now? Also, do you want to benefit from ‘better cornering’? 
One other thing to think about is whether the new tyres sizes you will need will be XL or not. XL = extra road = more rigid, or indeed run-flat, which will be more so. 
Hopefully you will have some real-time advice from actual owners, which may come with alternative views.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Much appreciate the advice Gareth. It a difficult one tbh, i dont want to compromise on the ride comfort and i think i that can still be achieved with 21s.. but it would be good to have some owners to give their views on both. 

Looks wise the 22 looks brilliant, and i would like my car to look slick BUT comfort wise i think the 21 still look nice too and will drive comfortably, unless someone tell me otherwise.

My mind says 21s

My heart says 22

Confused.com .... i know.