Help finding the correct Flywheel/Clutch kit?

RobDun
聽Share

Hi folks,

Looking for some help finding the correct clutch kit with flywheel, so much conflicting info after spending A LOT of time trying to find out 馃檪

A3 2012 (11 UK plate), 8PA TDI 2.0 103KW, with Start/Stop. Engine CFFB. Can provide VIN if that's useful.

I keep getting contradictory info regarding the number of teeth聽because of the start stop function.聽

Preferably LUK or Sachs.聽

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi the clutches are almost exclusively manufactured by LUK, Sachs is now one of their sub divisions, have a look at the LUK website where they will list your vehicle but no prices, alternatively try Car Parts in Motion they are very helpful and if you ring them they can normally flog you a clutch at a competitive price.

Steve.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi the clutches are almost exclusively manufactured by LUK, Sachs is now one of their sub divisions, have a look at the LUK website where they will list your vehicle but no prices, alternatively try Car Parts in Motion they are very helpful and if you ring them they can normally flog you a clutch at a competitive price.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, as it happens I did that with CPiM and got a quote, and yeah their prices seem reasonable. Thanks for the info about Sachs, didn't know that.聽

Have managed to source a suitable Sachs flywheel, but the compatible Sachs clutch kit is currently out of stock with the same supplier. I have in the past (on a Saab) bought kits where the flywheel was Sachs and the clutch kit was LUK, without any issue at all. When I questioned the supplier about the mixing of brands here, they advised me not to. Surely if the parts are compatible, brand name wouldn't matter? I would prefer everything to be Sachs, but honestly I'm not bothered as long as they work together, are of quality and are currently available. Any thoughts on this?聽

Hello Robert,

Is it CPiM who have the flywheel?
For peace of mind, can you get a Sachs clutch kit from some other supplier, even if you pay a little more?聽
Whatever, personally聽I would not be too concerned about mixing the brand names used by the same manufacturer.聽

As a matter of interest, do you intend doing this work yourself or entrusting it to a garage? If a garage, you may find that will not be too keen on giving you a guarantee for the job, if you are supplying the parts, so worth checking.聽
Kind regards,

Gareth.聽

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Robert,

Is it CPiM who have the flywheel?
For peace of mind, can you get a Sachs clutch kit from some other supplier, even if you pay a little more?聽
Whatever, personally聽I would not be too concerned about mixing the brand names used by the same manufacturer.聽

As a matter of interest, do you intend doing this work yourself or entrusting it to a garage? If a garage, you may find that will not be too keen on giving you a guarantee for the job, if you are supplying the parts, so worth checking.聽
Kind regards,

Gareth.聽

Hi Gareth,

Yeah I can source a Sachs kit from somewhere else, as it happens I've just found it at carparts4less for a decent price. CPiM have the flywheel yes.

I'll be doing it myself, have done it in the past so have some experience (and the space & tools, mostly). I like a challenge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobDun said:

Hi Gareth,

Yeah I can source a Sachs kit from somewhere else, as it happens I've just found it at carparts4less for a decent price. CPiM have the flywheel yes.

I'll be doing it myself, have done it in the past so have some experience (and the space & tools, mostly). I like a challenge.

Hi good on you, space and tools, I have the tools but no four poster ramp which you need for the A6 as unlike your car it is a Mission and a half you should be fine.

Steve.

• Like 1