1984 Audi coupe gt seat recover

Hello does anyone know how much material I will need to recover my rear seats in my 1984 Audi gt coupe  ? I can order in 160-50cm lengths how many lengths the material is karo tweed negro and karo negro uni. Thanks in advance. Derek 

20210308_130155.jpg

20210308_125803.jpg

Hello Derek,

Many thanks for joining the forum. 
It’s probably me, but I’m confused by the 160-50cm lengths bit so I cannot help you. 
To me, I would simply be measuring the length and width of each panel of the same pattern and adding say 2.5cms for overlaps. You can then pass this information on to you material supplier - in a sketch if easier - and I’m sure they will be able to advise on the quantity you will need to buy. 
Apologies if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on - or if I have! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Gareth 

The 160cm - 50cm lengths is the size they sell the material in at Audi traditions but can't seem to order online.i am going to call in my local Audi dealer to see if they can help. Thanks for your advice.  Derek 

Just for clarity Gareth, 160 cm is the width of the material ‘on the roll’, it is then pulled off and then cut to the length you require, based on units of 50cm for pricing.

Hope that helps?

Kind regards

Keith

Many thanks Derek, and particularly Keith.

Now I understand it! 
It seems pretty simple to work out how much length off the 160cm wide roll, will be needed, by measuring the size of each panel, and allowing say 10% for overage. 
If you are in difficulties Derek, you can always Google a local upholster and ask him to measure how much material will be needed. 
Following a quick glance at the website you refer to, it seems they will not (currently) supply to the U.K. and probably won’t in the near future, but you can send them a contact message, and I’m sure they will have a good idea of the material quantity you will need from the car’s description and attached photos. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.