Scoping for a purchase

TackyAuto

Hello all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I’m contemplating trading up from a 2015 Mini Cooper S, to an Audi A7 3.0 TDI and have never owned an Audi before so have no idea on reliability etc. 

From what I can gather online, they don’t suffer from the exact same issues as comparative to the A6 (but are still the B8/B8.5 engines around 2010-2014?). I could be wrong on that and just trying to get an idea of what I would be buying into. My budget would be something like £11-12k (finance) and I tend to service yearly and never let any issues go unsourced). Would anyone be willing to give me some guidance on what to look for, what problems are known and whether running costs would be feasible with this type of car?

Thanks in advance :)

Take a look at YouTube buyers guides. The a7 is a lovely car. You have to determine what features are essential to you like sat nav, parking sensors, Bluetooth etc as a lot of these things are extras or part of tech packs etc. Also if it's auto make sure it's had the gearbox oil services on time and same if it's got a quattro system. If quattro make sure all tyres have even wear and the brands match on each axle as either mis matched tyres or uneven wear can damage the quattro system. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Take a look at YouTube buyers guides. The a7 is a lovely car. You have to determine what features are essential to you like sat nav, parking sensors, Bluetooth etc as a lot of these things are extras or part of tech packs etc. Also if it's auto make sure it's had the gearbox oil services on time and same if it's got a quattro system. If quattro make sure all tyres have even wear and the brands match on each axle as either mis matched tyres or uneven wear can damage the quattro system. 

Thanks - I’m more interested in the common faults (such as coolant control valve leaking). I don’t go a lot of miles per week (about 30-40 a week maybe) so I’m suspecting that would destroy a diesel unless I gutted the DPF?

2 minutes ago, TackyAuto said:

Thanks - I’m more interested in the common faults (such as coolant control valve leaking). I don’t go a lot of miles per week (about 30-40 a week maybe) so I’m suspecting that would destroy a diesel unless I gutted the DPF?

With that miles I'd avoid diesel as you'll end up with blocked dpf or egr.