Superconductor Shortage - RSQ3 Spec Change

StanleyRanger

Hey guys

First time posting here but looking for some advice.

In October '21 I ordered an RSQ3 Audi Sport Edition through main dealer and have had no end of trouble.

Build week has now moved 3 times from late 21 through to July 22, which I've been patient with given the current situation.

However...

I've just had an email from the dealership to say they don't have the parts for the Dark Tinted Matrix LED headlights and so are replacing with standard LED front and rear lights, rear dynamic indicators (no front dynamic indicators and DRL.

The email also says they're expecting parts to be available to resume manufacturing with the Matrix option in half 2 of 2022 but my dealer says my order will be automatically amended as its in progress.

In my mind this is a pretty massive change as those are options that are standard with the trim level I ordered but more importantly individually cost around £3-4k as an extra.

What should I be looking for here in terms of the order? I'm concerned that when it comes time to sell/replace the car it will be worth signifantly less and will be a bit of an odd specimen.

What would you guys do in my situation?

Cheers in advance!