2015 A6 3.0tdi Engine failure

Jinxedaudi

Evening Everyone 

I’m new to the forum but have been an Audi owner a few times throughout the years

i’m looking for some advice from your collection knowledge if you can assist it would be greatly appreciated - before I continue can I just let you all know that my knowledge of cars is absolutely 0!!

Here’s my tale of woe! I am the proud owner of a beautiful A6 Avant 2015 3.0 Tdi Quattro Black Edition, I purchased this in Feb 2020 from a main dealer as an approved used Audi with 53000 miles on the clock. My job takes me all over the county and due to the pandemic I have been everywhere, full service history, no expense spared, as it stands now it has 116000 miles

M troubles started 2 weeks ago, it had just been in for a major service and mot, whilst in the glow plugs were also changed, 8 days later I set off for work, something doesn’t feel right so I turn around and head back home. On the way back without warning or any form of noise or warning light etc the car just switched off! It was like it has stalled, literally the rev counter drooped to 0 and i managed to coast to a stop ( luckily I hadn’t been on the motorway)

I get rescued to the garage, they carry out a “hand_crank test” ? And say it won’t turn and that the engine is seized!!!! I’m not out to point fingers I just need a solution to get this fixed as I owe £££ in finance, I need to find a CRTE engine, can anyone help? Done a lot of research and apart from the usual scammers I am drawing a blank

any suppliers yo guys may know?

many thanks 😭😭😭😗

47 minutes ago, Jinxedaudi said:

Evening Everyone 

I’m new to the forum but have been an Audi owner a few times throughout the years

i’m looking for some advice from your collection knowledge if you can assist it would be greatly appreciated - before I continue can I just let you all know that my knowledge of cars is absolutely 0!!

Here’s my tale of woe! I am the proud owner of a beautiful A6 Avant 2015 3.0 Tdi Quattro Black Edition, I purchased this in Feb 2020 from a main dealer as an approved used Audi with 53000 miles on the clock. My job takes me all over the county and due to the pandemic I have been everywhere, full service history, no expense spared, as it stands now it has 116000 miles

M troubles started 2 weeks ago, it had just been in for a major service and mot, whilst in the glow plugs were also changed, 8 days later I set off for work, something doesn’t feel right so I turn around and head back home. On the way back without warning or any form of noise or warning light etc the car just switched off! It was like it has stalled, literally the rev counter drooped to 0 and i managed to coast to a stop ( luckily I hadn’t been on the motorway)

I get rescued to the garage, they carry out a “hand_crank test” ? And say it won’t turn and that the engine is seized!!!! I’m not out to point fingers I just need a solution to get this fixed as I owe £££ in finance, I need to find a CRTE engine, can anyone help? Done a lot of research and apart from the usual scammers I am drawing a blank

any suppliers yo guys may know?

many thanks 😭😭😭😗

Hi it sounds as though the cam belt timing has slipped and locked the cams, have a word with Regal Engines in Purfleet in Essex, its a long way from you but they are about the most honest and helpful people I have ever dealt with.

Steve.

• 6 months later...

Hello Al,

Thanks for joining and sorry to hear you are in difficulties too. 
Unfortunately, the original poster never returned and contributed further to the forum, even to acknowledge Steve’s helpful recommendation.

I would suggest you send him a PM in the hope that he may respond.

Kind regards,

Gareth.