Audi s5

Teddynewson

So I took a big gamble and pick a s5 on a 08 up unseen only in a video and photos very cheap, running really rough and smoking, so took a wk off work and iv done a full carbon clean and it needed it, new vvts, new valley pan gaskets, rocker cover gaskets, plugs, pcv valve, a head gasket test came back blue thank god not changed green or yellow, new air filter started the car up lovely running like a peach, so jobs too do oil filter new oil, put a new crash sensor in the passenger door as the lights on, new headlight stork as its not staying on,new bonnet lift as having to use a bit of wood to keep the bonnet up but waiting on these to turn up so so far so good 

20220304_132559.jpg

IMG_20220122_045954_727.jpg

IMG_20220122_045955_163.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teddynewson said:

So I took a big gamble and pick a s5 on a 08 up unseen only in a video and photos very cheap, running really rough and smoking, so took a wk off work and iv done a full carbon clean and it needed it, new vvts, new valley pan gaskets, rocker cover gaskets, plugs, pcv valve, a head gasket test came back blue thank god not changed green or yellow, new air filter started the car up lovely running like a peach, so jobs too do oil filter new oil, put a new crash sensor in the passenger door as the lights on, new headlight stork as its not staying on,new bonnet lift as having to use a bit of wood to keep the bonnet up but waiting on these to turn up so so far so good 

20220304_132559.jpg

IMG_20220122_045954_727.jpg

IMG_20220122_045955_163.jpg

Hi good skills, you have saved another future classic from knackers yard, top choice, no other feeling in the world like blasting down the motorway during the summer, windows down soaking up that wonderful howl.

Steve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi good skills, you have saved another future classic from knackers yard, top choice, no other feeling in the world like blasting down the motorway during the summer, windows down soaking up that wonderful howl.

Steve.

Yea she definitely going to be a keeper the only thing that was scaring me was the head gasket test but when it came back blue thought happy days, thing to get over the next months or so new interior I want red, or red and black mix, front and rear discs cut and grooved, power coat the plenum, black the sides and rear windows

20 hours ago, Teddynewson said:

Yea she definitely going to be a keeper the only thing that was scaring me was the head gasket test but when it came back blue thought happy days, thing to get over the next months or so new interior I want red, or red and black mix, front and rear discs cut and grooved, power coat the plenum, black the sides and rear windows

Hi if you are going for new discs all round just buy the high carbon drilled discs as if you get drilled and grooved they are very noisy when having to stop about half way through the pad life and if you look at most standard performance brakes on say Merc/Porsche they are drilled only, apart from which grooved discs annihilate the pads in record time.

Steve.