Splash tray damaged and scraping road

Vanderlust

Is this an easy fix? Ideally I’d like to order a part online and ask a local garage to fit it cheaply if possible unless it’s more complicated than that. Something must have hit it and damaged it. Really strange, can’t think when or how but it’s annoying when the road is a bit curved and it scrapes! Awful noise!

Sorry photo isn’t great

A4 Avant 2016 2.0 TDi

951F15A5-199B-44DE-9EE6-7B2532A7C5A7.jpeg

What I’m finding a little confusing is whether I need under trays like here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-B9-NEW-GENUINE-FRONT-UNDERBODY-UNDER-TRAY-COVERS-PAIR-SET-/174654561831?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

or

A one piece under tray like here: https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/hd-karosserieteile/15099644

Edited by Vanderlust

• 1 year later...

I know this was a looooong time ago, so I wonder if you still get the alerts! But I have the same model, same year and same question! I have a garage who have found 'the part' and I'm a bit confused because mine seems to be in TWO parts. So I asked them for the part number they are going to use and they send me the one I can find just searching on similar sites to the one you mention. As I say, one side of the 'under tray cover under body splash shield guard' (I have found literally all combinations to those words to describe it), has fallen off. While I'll happily replace both, all and any bits, its the 5th time its come off since owning the car, for just 3 years (having never had a similar thing happen since I first bought a car in 1996). So I'm getting a bit dubious about the work being done and would like to have a go myself. As far as I can tell, it is attached with special clips and I might try to get those from Audi directly. But the tray the quoted was £1100, and I'm pretty sure I could mould my own one from a combination of diamonds and carbonfibre for that much and seeing as they last on average 7.5 months, I'm not going to spend £1100 on it (and thats not including them installing it, they are £252 per hour in Exeter and its apparently a 3hr job).

So anywho, my question is: did you ever fix it, I think we have the same car, and what bit did you get, was it in one piece or split laterally? The moderator Steve is surely right about the engine and gearbox, mine is the sportier 190bhp with an auto gearbox, and same A4 Avant 2016 B9 as you, but maybe our engines and gearboxes differ. If that bit is true, it makes me strongly suspicious that the last four people to fix it didn't get the right bit which is why it falls off a couple of times a year.