p00af00 - turbocharger/supercharger boost control "a" module performance

ThomasG

Driving quite quickly home last night - then the coil light comes on, flashing. Because phone is playing spotify I can ask it to tell me what it means! I get some generic stuff, but at least I know - as it drops in to limp mode - I'll get home.

So, home and scan. I get the p00af00 - turbocharger/supercharger boost control "a" module performance. I've looked this up and I am hoping it's just the boost control module. 

If I clear codes, the car is fine when I start it - but if I rev it the flashing begins.

Anyone else had experience of this, and the possible cost 😞

6 hours ago, ThomasG said:

Driving quite quickly home last night - then the coil light comes on, flashing. Because phone is playing spotify I can ask it to tell me what it means! I get some generic stuff, but at least I know - as it drops in to limp mode - I'll get home.

So, home and scan. I get the p00af00 - turbocharger/supercharger boost control "a" module performance. I've looked this up and I am hoping it's just the boost control module. 

If I clear codes, the car is fine when I start it - but if I rev it the flashing begins.

Hi Thomas its the control module on the turbo which will be either vacuum controlled or an electrical control box my guess is its vacuum and not holding the pressure and depending on your model of turbine the units are available as a replacement for around £70-100.

Steve.

7 hours ago, ThomasG said:

Hi Thomas I did a bit of digging and yours is one of the famous Hella electronic control boxes not vacuum, and it looks like a doable job just beware of the micro circlip on the actuator linkage, TPS do a repair kit for a lot of Groats but there are people on the net who offer a repair service, a lot cheaper, apparently your unit suffers the same problem as the Fords did with the circuit board inside fails or the Cr@ppy plastic gears strip.

Steve.

Thanks!!

It's booked in for Monday/Tues. Any links would help. The garage is good at going with pointers. 

It didn't come on just now when I reversed. I even blipped the revs. 

But it needs to be looked at. 

I'll let you know. 

• 2 weeks later...

Crappy plastic gears. What !Removed!. 

Took the garage a wee bit to find this, even though I mentioned it. But they also caught a failing solenoid. 

Attached is pic of those !Removed! plastic parts. Worn worm screw and teeth chipped off the gear. 

So much for a "glow-plug" warning!

IMG_20220429_175650.jpg

IMG_20220429_175638.jpg

1 hour ago, ThomasG said:
1 hour ago, ThomasG said:

Took the garage a wee bit to find this, even though I mentioned it. But they also caught a failing solenoid. 

Attached is pic of those !Removed! plastic parts. Worn worm screw and teeth chipped off the gear. 

IMG_20220429_175650.jpg

IMG_20220429_175638.jpg

IMG_20220429_175650.jpg

IMG_20220429_175638.jpg

Hi Thomas the Ford ones were a bit different they had bigger gears with more teeth to strip I rebuilt a couple of mine but ended up buying a new unit it was cheaper than keep buying repair kits which only lasted about 40k, they are a real engineering atrocity.

• 11 months later...

Do you have a part number for this part? I'm getting the same kind of issue. Just want to check prices and then can give my mechanic a heads up on what to look out for. TIA 

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 12:31 PM, ThomasG said:

Did you fix it? I have the same problem… only when the turbo gets hot I think. How did you solve it?

37 minutes ago, Nikola_a6_3.0tdi said:

Did you fix it? I have the same problem… only when the turbo gets hot I think. How did you solve it?

Hi if you read the post in depth it tells you and shows you the box that he replaced on the turbo and has the added bonus of the part number.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hy,

I have the same type of car and it gives me the same error. I am waiting for the part with 6NW 009 550 to arrive and to change it
I have a question
does the part 6NW 009 550 need to be programmed again or did you just change the part and that's it?

Thank you for an answer.