on demand function subscription guide

rickyr65sl

After speaking to my local dealer which were of no use at all, I decided to email Audi digital services and after providing my vin number I got the following reply:

C038C9FE-AA82-4421-BA6C-2412258D849E.thumb.jpeg.1074cd67475e45175566b1180ae3985c.jpeg

And It has worked! I’ve now got adaptive cruise and traffic sign recognition 

9B7B8CF7-8A40-4579-86B3-CEE8E226FFF7.thumb.jpeg.72b1f272e832cc858a351793160c9d3f.jpeg

Glad it's working. I'm going to pin this post and change the title slightly to make it easier for others to find. I do believe it's still naughty Audi wanting to charge a subscription for features in my opinion. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew K said:

Hi, how did you manage to enter your UK address, I am unable to save the address and move onto payment as it will not accept he UK postcode

I've had a look online and can't see anything. Might be worth you contacting Audi digital services. Also heres a hack, if you change your region to Germany you can get more/different features. You'll have to do some translating though. 

15 hours ago, Andrew K said:

Hi, how did you manage to enter your UK address, I am unable to save the address and move onto payment as it will not accept he UK postcode

I did everything in the above guide but I had to put the British embassy in berlin as my address as couldn’t enter a UK one. 

I used safari on iPhone to do it and used the translate to English function built in to safari.

I found out this back door way of doing the FOD stuff on another forum.

Took the trials of the high beam assist and speed limit display.

Once the free trials were over I paid for the high beam assist as me and the wife had found it great on the dark mornings.

Interestingly VW UK shop (their FOD) has the added functions so my wifes MK8 Golf now has high beam assist too.

No idea why Audi UK seem to have zero interest in FOD.

Edited by j3bnl

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried everything to get to the On Demand. Finally did but the only option I saw was Digital Twin. I have the new Audi A3 Edition 1 and despite me asking for the Driver Assistance Package I never got one and the cost was discounted. I was hoping to at least get the Traffic Sign Recognition but it seems this is not available to the car? I’d have ordered the Vorsprung but by the time I tried to place an order, it was no longer available. I love the car but it’s severely lacking compared to my previous car. Any advice?

7 hours ago, Fabi73 said:

Hi,

I tried everything to get to the On Demand. Finally did but the only option I saw was Digital Twin. I have the new Audi A3 Edition 1 and despite me asking for the Driver Assistance Package I never got one and the cost was discounted. I was hoping to at least get the Traffic Sign Recognition but it seems this is not available to the car? I’d have ordered the Vorsprung but by the time I tried to place an order, it was no longer available. I love the car but it’s severely lacking compared to my previous car. Any advice?

Have you tried using a German address for on demand to see if you can get the extra features that way? 

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Have you tried using a German address for on demand to see if you can get the extra features that way? 

Yeh, finally managed to log on but only offering Twin connection which I surely must already have if my car is connected to the app?

Ive been told I don’t have a camera at my rear view mirror but it seems older models do. I’m not too pleased about that. 

13 hours ago, Fabi73 said:

Yeh, finally managed to log on but only offering Twin connection which I surely must already have if my car is connected to the app?

Ive been told I don’t have a camera at my rear view mirror but it seems older models do. I’m not too pleased about that. 

Sorry to hear that. I could be retrofitted. I know other members have used autologics for retrofits. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 7:30 PM, Steve Q said:

Hi I just tried the German version again and I have no idea if it has worked. I did it on my iPad for traffic sign recognition. I put in a German address and paid €7 for a month but I don’t understand the next part.

vielen Dank, dass Sie sich bei AudiPay angemeldet haben.
Ihr Konto wurde erfolgreich registriert (die Aktivierung unterliegt dem internen Genehmigungsprozess).
Im Anhang finden Sie die AGB und die Datenschutzerklärung als Referenz.

Falls Sie Fragen zu unseren Dienstleistungen haben, lesen Sie bitte die beigefügten Unterlagen. Dort finden Sie Details zur Kontaktaufnahme mit unserem Kundendienst

EE3296DF-1F11-4F61-BAAB-DA09DF7F69AE.png

Thank you for registering with AudiPay. 
Your account has been successfully registered (activation is subject to internal approval process). 
Attached please find the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy for your reference. 
If you have any questions about our services, please read the attached ones 
Documents. find there 
Contacting our customer

14 hours ago, Fabi73 said:

Hi I just tried the German version again and I have no idea if it has worked. I did it on my iPad for traffic sign recognition. I put in a German address and paid €7 for a month but I don’t understand the next part.

vielen Dank, dass Sie sich bei AudiPay angemeldet haben.
Ihr Konto wurde erfolgreich registriert (die Aktivierung unterliegt dem internen Genehmigungsprozess).
Im Anhang finden Sie die AGB und die Datenschutzerklärung als Referenz.

Falls Sie Fragen zu unseren Dienstleistungen haben, lesen Sie bitte die beigefügten Unterlagen. Dort finden Sie Details zur Kontaktaufnahme mit unserem Kundendienst

EE3296DF-1F11-4F61-BAAB-DA09DF7F69AE.png

All thanks to Google translate ^^^

The next part is to turn on the car and you should see a notification that the new function has been enabled on the car and you should be able to start using it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help. I have an Audi A3 edition 1 and when I log into the app or the website using Germany as the region the only option i get is Audi digital twin - premium steckbrief. I see other people have had this issue so how did u resolve it ?  Thanks 

24 minutes ago, Barkerda1981 said:

Can anyone help. I have an Audi A3 edition 1 and when I log into the app or the website using Germany as the region the only option i get is Audi digital twin - premium steckbrief. I see other people have had this issue so how did u resolve it ?  Thanks 

Other options appeared after a few weeks of looking.

Edited by Fabi73

5 hours ago, Barkerda1981 said:

Mine did that at first but after logging in a week or so later on a different device I then got the other options. 

• 5 months later...

Hi all 

Scanned this and forgive me if this has been said but FOD is now available in the UK through the myAudi app. 

22 A3 Saloon Edition 1

I have used this to enable adaptive cruise control and traffic sign recognition.

Whilst on this, can I do the same via OBD rather than paying a subscription? I suspect not as car uses internet to talk to Audi etc etc.