Lumpy tick over at 2000rpm

Marco T
聽Share

Hi all I'm Mark from Bridgend聽 and a new kid on the block聽 looking forward to taking part in some chats and events owned my A3 3.2 by for 8 months聽 and love it done a few suttle mods as I'm old 馃ぃ but my first question is this would like to have it tuned and set up correctly聽 firstly聽 but she wont hold at 2000 rpm she just goes up and down between two and one and a half thousand any ideas聽 thanks all know any good tuner.s

1 hour ago, Marco T said:

Hi all I'm Mark from Bridgend聽 and a new kid on the block聽 looking forward to taking part in some chats and events owned my A3 3.2 by for 8 months聽 and love it done a few suttle mods as I'm old 馃ぃ but my first question is this would like to have it tuned and set up correctly聽 firstly聽 but she wont hold at 2000 rpm she just goes up and down between two and one and a half thousand any ideas聽 thanks all know any good tuner.s

Hi would get the car scanned to find out which sensors are causing your current issues otherwise it will be like training a chronic asthmatic for the London Marathon.

Steve.

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪

I agree with Steve on getting a diagnostic check to see what fault codes flag up. There's no point tuning a poorly car.聽

Dark side developments, thanos tuning and Revo are all supposed to be good. What ever tuner you use though make sure they have a rolling road for best results with any remap. You can also combine it with a stainless steel exhaust I can give positive feedback of powerflow. As well as having an upgraded panel air filter or induction kit.聽

You could also look at an upgraded intercooler or turbo if you're considering serious power.聽

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marco T said:

Thanks guys ain't got a turbo but will take your advice and let you know the results聽 speak soon 馃憤

Oh of course it hasn't! I was thinking of the 1.8T for some reason lol.聽

Hi Mark

I had this on a BMW 6 series I owned. I had recently changed the oil and cross threaded the oil cap. Therefore the engine was trying to breathe though it. The diagnostic check showed an air mass problem, but luckily problem spotted by mechanic before money changed hands.

Tony

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys had my a3 v6 turned up she now runs as she should thanks for the advice next question guys can I upgrade my headlight s to xenon my cars 04 the stated 05 seen a pair I like is it plug and play cheers聽聽

22 minutes ago, Marco T said:

Hi guys had my a3 v6 turned up she now runs as she should thanks for the advice next question guys can I upgrade my headlight s to xenon my cars 04 the stated 05 seen a pair I like is it plug and play cheers聽聽

Glad it's sorted, what was the cause?聽

Erm you'll need the wiring, modules, ballast boxes and headlights I believe. It'll have to be coded to the car too.聽

Definitely a job for a professional. I know other members have use autologics for retrofits and have nothing but praise for them.聽