Mr12Volt Adapter Retro Fit for Bluetooth/aux/usb A8 D3

Steve Q

Alex Rogers: 

Mr12Volt Adapter Retro Fit;
My goal was to get aux/usb/bluetooth integrated with the OEM audio system. A friend recommended the Mr12Volt module so got one ordered.
Fitted it today and wanted to write a guide for anyone interested.
Firstly, the kit comes with everything you need. You can even buy a power cable adapter so it truly is plug and play.
I didn't get that so I'll show you what wires to tap into.
Photos 1&2; 
With the supplied keys, remove the CD changer.
Push the keys in as shown in photo 2, they should click into place about 15mm deep. Then gently pull outwards and towards yourself.
Photos 3&4;
You'll be greeted by 2 plugs. One is your power supply and the other is fibre optic data stuff.
On the power cable, you'll see 2 brown wires. 1 coming from the loom and another looped through 2 pins.
I chose to cut the loop and join our black, ground wire for the module. 
The red/blue wire is your power. This gets connected to the red wire of the module.
In the module kit, you'll have an orange adapter loom. Unplug the fibre optic cable from the module and plug the adapter loom in respectively. Use the long part of the adapter to loop round above the glovebox shown next.
Pics 5&6;
Next to the CD changer slot, I had a storage compartment. This just pulls forward and can be removed for now.
Looking into the slot the CD changer sits in, pic 5, I routed the cables behind the glovebox and fed them round the back into the other slot, pic 6.
This allows the cables to sit out the way without making new holes.
Pic 7;
This is the back of the removed storage compartment. I had to open up ones of the holes to allow the fibre optic adapter to come through. I used a dremel, but a step drill bit would also work.
Now you can feed the wires through and slot the storage compartment back into place.
Pic 8;
Installation finished. 
In the kit, you are given 2 pieces of 3M tape. I stuck the module to the storage compartment, then pulled the excess cable back through to the CD changer side. You can then slot the CD changer back into place and you're done here.
Extra info;
There is a microphone in the kit, I haven't routed this yet but it plugs into the back of the module for bluetooth calls.
To use the module, select CD/TV under the Radio button on the car. I believe some buttons say CD/Aux.
Turn the bluetooth on on your phone, and connect to the module. Then play away!
I am seriously impressed with this kit and couldn't be happier. Simple to use and simple to fit.
Thanks!

FB_IMG_1650578136736.jpg

FB_IMG_1650578175505.jpg

FB_IMG_1650578177777.jpg

FB_IMG_1650578179756.jpg

FB_IMG_1650578181652.jpg

FB_IMG_1650578183556.jpg

FB_IMG_1650578185427.jpg

FB_IMG_1650578187424.jpg

• 1 year later...

Great job on the write up.  It reads very well!

How have you found this since installation? does it allow consistent streaming from a mobile via the standard 3G MMI?
Interested in getting some way to stream from either my Samsung or Iphone, not overly bothered by Android auto or Apple car play, but really want to stream audio books or music on longer journeys!