Mmi not working

Pmc1980

Help plz, just bought an 06 plate a6, 2.7tdi quatro, the guy I bought it from said he renewed the battery but did not code it in with a diag machine, the mmi now doesn't work if u switch it on it comes up with the audi logo for about 30 secs then flashes a message about a component not being supported and switches straight off, any advice on how to fix this? Also it flashed up on screen that bulbs are not working but I check and they are. And 1 last thing when driving if I accelerate quickly it locks into 3rd gear I need to pull over switch car off and on again, he said the filter in the gearbox is clogged up and supplied 10 litres of cvt atf and a new filter and gasket saying this should sort it, just looking to see if he is right or just said that to get me to buy it? Any advice much appreciated 

Edited by Pmc1980
Forgot a word

I'd get the battery coded first of all as the mmi might have gone into a safe mode for security. Whilst the diagnostic Machine is plug in you may as well see what fault codes flag up. As you may find the mmi needs a reset or has failed. If it does boot up but you haven't got a code Audi can supply you with one. 

Regarding the gearbox when was the oil last changed? The CVT boxes aren't the strongest but if you check the codes for the mmi issue then you might find a fault with the gearbox. As it could be a module. 

I plugged my icarsoft diag machine to try to code the battery but it comes up "function not supported " I will try it with the launch machine at mu work, as for the last fluid change  I don't know when if ever it has been changed

7 hours ago, Pmc1980 said:

I plugged my icarsoft diag machine to try to code the battery but it comes up "function not supported " I will try it with the launch machine at mu work, as for the last fluid change  I don't know when if ever it has been changed

Good plan, I'm still surprised the previous owner didn't code the battery. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 7:30 AM, Steve Q said:

Good plan, I'm still surprised the previous owner didn't code the battery. 

Years ago, In my usual way, I tried to remove the service due display with my vag-com and cocked it up, now neither I or Audi can remove it. To this day it says service due every time I switch on.

What ever I did also stopped me from coding my new battery.

That was over a year ago and I have had no issues with my new battery.