Audi A7 Battery Coding

Sams786

Hi All,

(I am newbie to this)

My sister 2011 Audi A7 3.0 TDI has has its battery changed it went from a VARTA to BOSCH.

So, I have been doing some research on google and forums and I need to re-code this battery in.

I will be recoding via VCDS and have been watching some video on YouTube I am getting the gist of things.

BUT any guidance will be much appreciated, the old VARTA battery was at 105Ah the new BOSCH 95Ah.

I am literally unable to find BEM code on this new battery, I have been reading on Google that BOSCH batteries don't have BEM codes and you kind of to find one relevant to the battery.

I have attached pictures of the Old/New Batteries.

Like I said any kind of guidance or instructions would be much appreciated.

Old Battery.jpg

New Battery.jpg

Hi Gareth,

Yes, you can see AGM on the battery from the screenshot.

Regards,

Mohammed.

4 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Mohammed,

One basic question - is the new Bosch battery an AGM type? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

14 hours ago, Sams786 said:

Hi All,

(I am newbie to this)

My sister 2011 Audi A7 3.0 TDI has has its battery changed it went from a VARTA to BOSCH.

So, I have been doing some research on google and forums and I need to re-code this battery in.

I will be recoding via VCDS and have been watching some video on YouTube I am getting the gist of things.

BUT any guidance will be much appreciated, the old VARTA battery was at 105Ah the new BOSCH 95Ah.

I am literally unable to find BEM code on this new battery, I have been reading on Google that BOSCH batteries don't have BEM codes and you kind of to find one relevant to the battery.

I have attached pictures of the Old/New Batteries.

Like I said any kind of guidance or instructions would be much appreciated.

Old Battery.jpg

New Battery.jpg

Hi from memory you use the old BEM code and change the last two digits, I believe there is now a tutorial on youtube telling you how to recode a battery with no BEM using VCDS any Audi will do as they are all the same when it comes to pairing.

Steve.

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi from memory you use the old BEM code and change the last two digits, I believe there is now a tutorial on youtube telling you how to recode a battery with no BEM using VCDS any Audi will do as they are all the same when it comes to pairing.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

When state change the last to digits can these be random? Or doe they have to be something specific?

As I have read I need to state the manufacture and the amps also in the VCDS when coding in the new battery.

I have been scouring Youtube haven't come across a video and they all define the amps and manufacter.

2 hours ago, Sams786 said:

Hi Steve,

When state change the last to digits can these be random? Or doe they have to be something specific?

As I have read I need to state the manufacture and the amps also in the VCDS when coding in the new battery.

I have been scouring Youtube haven't come across a video and they all define the amps and manufacter.

Hi if you put in VAG battery coding using VCDS it comes up with a good few, about the easiest to follow is a video by a guy calling himself Bonev you only change the last two numbers not the letter and the battery choice for a Varta unit should be the same for Bosch as they are made in the same factory so as long as the physical sizes of the battery are the same as the old unit you should be fine, sorry I did not answer sooner but I just finished servicing the Mrs Alfa Mito, I even got the rear screen heater and wiper motor park going again, mucho soldering on wiring and then discovered I could buy a repair section for £47 on eBay, arghh.

Steve.

8 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Mohammed,

I can see AGM on the old Varta, but I seem to be missing it on the new Bosch.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth the second universal icon for AGM is an orange circle with an arrow head on it and a big orange or green A in the middle of it, seen both colours used.

Steve.

• Like 1