Approved Audi centre used one of my prepaid service plan services on another car

Hi all

I am new to the forum and hoping you can offer advice or insight please.

I have a 2018 A5 that I get serviced every year at my local Audi approved centre. I have a service plan with 2 services left on it.

I realised when booking my latest upcoming service that my car's service record had an entry at a different Audi approved centre that I did not recognise. I have never been to this other location in my life and it's nowhere near where I live.

I looked into it and, having contacted both approved service centres, they have said human error is to blame. Basically, a car with a very similar number plate to mine has used one of my services without my knowledge or permission. Fortunately, it had a higher mileage than my car so I can prove it wasn't my vehicle that was serviced that day.

I'm struggling to get anywhere with it and am currently one prepaid service 'down' if that makes sense. In other words, my plan is showing as having one service instead of two.

Does this sound like something that can feasibly happen? This is my first time having a service plan with any vehicle and I find it a bit strange that simply entering the wrong reg can end up using another customer's prepaid service. I would have thought there would be further checks to make sure this doesn't happen.

Anyway, apart from this my Audi is great and am otherwise enjoying ownership!

Thanks in advance for any help/insight you can offer.

Best wishes

Rob

Edited by northman

Welcome to the forum Rob you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪

Sorry to hear of this situation, they should be giving you an extra service as the error is there's. My advice would be to speak to Audi customer services, the motoring ombudsman, citizens advice or trading standards. At the end of the day you've paid for a goods (the service components) and services (the actual work) but not received them.聽

19 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Rob you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪

Sorry to hear of this situation, they should be giving you an extra service as the error is there's. My advice would be to speak to Audi customer services, the motoring ombudsman, citizens advice or trading standards. At the end of the day you've paid for a goods (the service components) and services (the actual work) but not received them.聽

Thanks Steve. I'll give them a try.