Gap between top of tyre and wheel arch

Brizzle

The passenger side rear of my Audi is different to the drivers side rear, gotta be a good inch 

The garage replaced passenger side coil spring few months back but now I’ve noticed a difference 

Ive had a quick look under car but can’t see if drivers side rear spring is snapped, doesn’t sound of feel like it is 

Should both sides be same?

Hello Karl,

Sounds as if the garage has replaced your (previously broken?) original passenger side spring with the wrong (aftermarket?) replacement. 
I would be taking my measurements from the driver side wheel centre to under wheel arch - obviously on level ground - and using this as the correct level. You don’t tell us whether the replaced passenger side spring rides higher or lower than the original driver side one. 
Two things when replacing springs:- 

Make sure the correct springs are being used particularly if using aftermarket replacements. 
Always replace both sides at the same time. 

Sounds like a return to the garage! Don’t allow them to just replace the driver side to match the probably- incorrect one they have already fitted. Make sure they replace the one they have fitted with the correct replacement. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

5 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Karl,

Sounds as if the garage has replaced your (previously broken?) original passenger side spring with the wrong (aftermarket?) replacement. 
I would be taking my measurements from the driver side wheel centre to under wheel arch - obviously on level ground - and using this as the correct level. You don’t tell us whether the replaced passenger side spring rides higher or lower than the original driver side one. 
Two things when replacing springs:- 

Make sure the correct springs are being used particularly if using aftermarket replacements. 
Always replace both sides at the same time. 

Sounds like a return to the garage! Don’t allow them to just replace the driver side to match the probably- incorrect one they have already fitted. Make sure they replace the one they have fitted with the correct replacement. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

The replaced spring on passenger side sits higher than drivers side 

9 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Karl,

Were any of the comments of any help to you? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Yes cheers,

Just don’t want to be seen as a pain at the garage

Thanks Karl,

They won’t know they have made a mistake if you don’t tell them, and you will have a wonky car for the rest of your ownership. 
Seems pretty straightforward to me to have a rational discussion about what happens from here, but it’s not my car. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.