Can we Change the Speedometer of Audi A6 C6 4F to something new like Audi A6 C7?

autophilic1123

Can we Change the Speedometer of Audi A6 C6 4F to something new like Audi A6 C7? also, are there any examples of doing it? What all modifications and tools required to do it? please help me. My speedometer stopped working, now only the digital display is working, and are there any cheap fixes for this fault?

7 hours ago, autophilic1123 said:

Can we Change the Speedometer of Audi A6 C6 4F to something new like Audi A6 C7? also, are there any examples of doing it? What all modifications and tools required to do it? please help me. My speedometer stopped working, now only the digital display is working, and are there any cheap fixes for this fault?

Hi it would require a lot of cutting and probably coding to fit, get your existing dash repaired, try ECU Testing, believe me there is no cheap fix for your problem even if you get a second hand unit it will require coding to the car.

Steve.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Bare in mind if you change the cluster and do t get it coded it'll disable the car as it'll active the immobiliser 

Sound advice Steve but I don't think its what he wanted to hear, you know whats going to happen when the term cheap fix is mentioned, there are not any cheap fixes just cheaper.

Steve.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 8:27 PM, Stevey Y said:

Sound advice Steve but I don't think its what he wanted to hear, you know whats going to happen when the term cheap fix is mentioned, there are not any cheap fixes just cheaper.

Steve.

Too true. There's never a cheap fix for an Audi I find. The cars need proper maintenance and proper parts. 

• Like 2