Adblue tank overfill

48 minutes ago, jdragon said:

I think we've crossed wires here.

I was asking Steve about his EGR cooler and pressure sensor he mentioned in his post I quoted. 

Sorry i apoligise. I was chatting to steve myself for a while about my A5. Sorry again. 

22 hours ago, jdragon said:

Hi Steve,

How's the car running since you had the EGR cooler changed? Did you change the valve too?

Was it the cooler or the G450 sensor you needed to adapt? 

UDS Protocol (G450) procedure

Key ON, Engine OFF
[Basic Settings]
Select Adaptation of diff. pressure sensor particulate filter
[Go!] to activate the Basic Setting.
After the result of Finished Correctly appears click [Stop]

Select Resetting of learned values of difference pressure sensor
[Go!] to activate the Basic Setting.
After the result of Finished Correctly appears click [Stop]
[Done, Go Back]

Hi Jon well over a thousand miles and its behaving itself, I had to re adapt the valve on the cooler as that was new and that took about five mins its definitely got its MOJO back and I am getting good mpg even with the aircon going, still persisting with the Archoil as the way I am looking at it is if I got 125k out of the last cooler so chances are the replacement should do the same, I was wracking my brains as to why my one leaked and today I found the answer from a lorry fitter I took to a wedding reception, apparently they have this problem as well, it starts with the cooler blocking which then traps crystals in the cooling tubes the steam from the next spraying of adblue [35% Urea 65% distilled water] then dampens the trapped crystals and they start to rot the cooler tubes, I looked this up when I got home and sure enough adblue is harmless to the environment but will be corrosive to most base metals which is why the feed pipes are high quality plastic and the spray nozzles are high tensile steel which is chromed, I paid £120 for an O.E VDO valve just because it didn't have the VAG logo which is better than the £350 that Audi wanted, so if it all holds up barring the labour it was a cheap fix, still working on the catch can thing as lateral thinking says if you can stop the extra water getting in it will cut down on the steam supply to the cooler.

Steve.

7 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Jon well over a thousand miles and its behaving itself, I had to re adapt the valve on the cooler as that was new and that took about five mins its definitely got its MOJO back and I am getting good mpg even with the aircon going, still persisting with the Archoil as the way I am looking at it is if I got 125k out of the last cooler so chances are the replacement should do the same, I was wracking my brains as to why my one leaked and today I found the answer from a lorry fitter I took to a wedding reception, apparently they have this problem as well, it starts with the cooler blocking which then traps crystals in the cooling tubes the steam from the next spraying of adblue [35% Urea 65% distilled water] then dampens the trapped crystals and they start to rot the cooler tubes, I looked this up when I got home and sure enough adblue is harmless to the environment but will be corrosive to most base metals which is why the feed pipes are high quality plastic and the spray nozzles are high tensile steel which is chromed, I paid £120 for an O.E VDO valve just because it didn't have the VAG logo which is better than the £350 that Audi wanted, so if it all holds up barring the labour it was a cheap fix, still working on the catch can thing as lateral thinking says if you can stop the extra water getting in it will cut down on the steam supply to the cooler.

Steve.

Thanks for the info.

If I understand correctly, it was a leak you noticed which led to the cooler being changed?

Do you mean a EGR valve was VDO or the cooler too? My A4 EGR valve was replaced with a VDO and it clocked up over 100k, but was cleaned a couple of time as to be expected (and still going for the new owner).

4 minutes ago, jdragon said:

Thanks for the info.

If I understand correctly, it was a leak you noticed which led to the cooler being changed?

Do you mean a EGR valve was VDO or the cooler too? My A4 EGR valve was replaced with a VDO and it clocked up over 100k, but was cleaned a couple of time as to be expected (and still going for the new owner).

Hi sorry the EGR valve was VDO, the cooler was replaced off the back of p2002  and was a previously enjoyed unit from eBay which I super cleaned with carbon cleaner and Mr Muscle, its just unfortunate we have two EGR valves, the low pressure one in the DPF and the high pressure one on the intake manifold which I have never had a problem with because thats the easiest to change, Murphys Law.

Steve.

18 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi sorry the EGR valve was VDO, the cooler was replaced off the back of p2002  and was a previously enjoyed unit from eBay which I super cleaned with carbon cleaner and Mr Muscle, its just unfortunate we have two EGR valves, the low pressure one in the DPF and the high pressure one on the intake manifold which I have never had a problem with because thats the easiest to change, Murphys Law.

Steve.

Thanks for the clarification. Great that you have it sorted and the car is running well. 125k miles is extremely good from what I've read.

What procedure did you follow to adapt the new cooler?

1 minute ago, jdragon said:

Thanks for the clarification. Great that you have it sorted and the car is running well. 125k miles is extremely good from what I've read.

What procedure did you follow to adapt the new cooler?

Hi it was just the EGR valve I re adapted, go through the menu on basic settings address 6 on my version scroll down to low pressure EGR adaptation and press go watch the numbers going up and down when it stops wait two mins and press done.

Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi it was just the EGR valve I re adapted, go through the menu on basic settings address 6 on my version scroll down to low pressure EGR adaptation and press go watch the numbers going up and down when it stops wait two mins and press done.

Steve.

Thanks for that. I'll make sure this is done when mine is changed in a couple of weeks. Or I'll likely just do it myself anyway, as it won't do any harm if it's done twice.

I've also read the G450 sensor should be adapted too. What are your thoughts on that? 

20 hours ago, jdragon said:

Thanks for that. I'll make sure this is done when mine is changed in a couple of weeks. Or I'll likely just do it myself anyway, as it won't do any harm if it's done twice.

I've also read the G450 sensor should be adapted too. What are your thoughts on that? 

Hi you only re adapt the G450 sensor if it is a new one and its a lengthy process as you have to regenerate the DPF a couple of times before fitting to give the new sensor almost zero soot in the DPF to give it a chance to learn its values from scratch, the other sensor with the pipe that hangs out with no home is a G505 sensor which measures soot loading against outside barometric pressures, personally I wouldn't bother with G450 UNLESS ITS NEW as it must be working ok to have picked up the fault in the first place.

Steve.

• Like 1