Air suspension compressor and relay replacement, A6 C6 Allroad

AlanMcM82

Hi All

Relay stuck on and destroyed the compressor, new one has arrived and been installed but cannot find the relay location. Any idea where exactly it is?

Checked Google and getting that its in one of the black boxes at the windscreen, under the dash, under the passenger seat and behind the fuses inside the cabin.

Just looking exact location so I change the correct one.

Thanks

59 minutes ago, AlanMcM82 said:

Hi All

Relay stuck on and destroyed the compressor, new one has arrived and been installed but cannot find the relay location. Any idea where exactly it is?

Checked Google and getting that its in one of the black boxes at the windscreen, under the dash, under the passenger seat and behind the fuses inside the cabin.

Just looking exact location so I change the correct one.

Thanks

Hi have a look on youtube and plumb in your year and model I will bet good money on someone having done a post on how to change.

Steve.

18 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi have a look on youtube and plumb in your year and model I will bet good money on someone having done a post on how to change.

Steve.

Checked the interwebs and its difficult to find a diy for the full change. Did find a video for the relay but its in french and shows its under the window wipers, located them and found 4 relays and not sure which one it is. Also with the plugs for the compressor Im not sure which way they go back together

3 hours ago, AlanMcM82 said:

Checked the interwebs and its difficult to find a diy for the full change. Did find a video for the relay but its in french and shows its under the window wipers, located them and found 4 relays and not sure which one it is. Also with the plugs for the compressor Im not sure which way they go back together

Hi sorry I can't help you with the plug positions normally they only fit one way into each plug port when you said you had already fitted the compressor I assumed you had marked each plug position with Tipex or similar I.E. mark one plug from the connector to the old unit as 1 then 11 for two then 111 for three etc, as for the relay they normally have numbers on top alternatively watch which one the guy pulled in the video, 2nd from left 3rd from left.

Steve.

• Like 1