40TFSI service intervals and service plans

simonb82

Hi - I’m looking at an ex demonstrator 40TFSI S-Line Avant I’ve seen advertised 

I am just wondering what the service intervals are on these? I have seen differing information around it being variable or fixed - I’ll be doing 15k a year 

Also I see Audi offer service plans but do these cover everything such as pollen filters, S-Tronic gearbox oil changes etc or do they just cover the basic service and all those things are still charged extra?

Hello Simon,

I think the simplest, but most comprehensive outcome is to search the forum over the last month, and you will find a post about the ‘previously confusing data ‘ relating to Audi’s servicing plans. This has been sorted out by the poster, and you will find his information is very comprehensive - best reading source to provide the answers for you. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I'm bumping this thread because i need this info myself and i can't find it.

My 2021 A4 40 TFSI is due it's 2 year service in January.

The only thing it has been in to the garage for is the brake fluid change - which i got a service indicator on the MMI.

I haven't received any other service indicators over the two years i have owned the car from new - i havent even got one for the service due in January.

Should it have had a service after 12 months ?

Thanks

Edited by Stevei

7 hours ago, Stevei said:

Hi all, I'm bumping this thread because i need this info myself and i can't find it.

My 2021 A4 40 TFSI is due it's 2 year service in January.

The only thing it has been in to the garage for is the brake fluid change - which i got a service indicator on the MMI.

I haven't received any other service indicators over the two years i have owned the car from new - i havent even got one for the service due in January.

Should it have had a service after 12 months ?

Thanks

Ill assume the cars on long life servicing which I think is 20k or 2 years which ever comes first 

On 12/19/2023 at 3:10 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Steve,

I’ll come back to you on my return.

Meanwhile, what is your annual mileage? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi, my mileage is next to nothing. In 24 months I've done 10k

OK Steve. 
Here is the situation as I understand it:- 

Your car should have been on an annual service plan due the low annual mileage covered. 

It seems it must have been set on a Longlife schedule that would result in it being set for servicing at around 18K or 18 months - whatever comes first. The fact that it didn’t alert you at 18 months is confusing. 
My belief is the alert you are now seeing could be for a change of brake fluid at 2 years old, and may/ may not, take in an overdue conventional service as well. If it isn’t for that service as well, then you do need to ensure that this over due service is indeed carried out now. 
Do you have this car on a (monthly) paid for service plan? 
Perhaps you can come back to us. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth. Sorry for the late reply...the email was in my Junk folder.

I got the alert for the brake fluid service around November time last year - so i had that done.

I'm not currently getting any alerts on the car at all....i got a phone call from the local Audi dealer saying a service was due in January (when the car is two years old).

I don't have a service plan. I'm leasing the car and the lease is due to finish Jan 2025.

Edited by Stevei

Thanks Steve,

No service plan and no servicing carried out. 
As said, it should be on an annual service regime, and I still find it confusing why you haven’t had it serviced - or the service alert hasn’t come up. 
My stab at an explanation:- the ‘brake fluid change’ you had around Nov. 2022 should have also included  a ‘proper’ service. 
Whatever, the car certainly needs to have its overdue service done now. 
The effect of this oversight ( by the system?) - evidence of service history at hand-back is important, and if it were mine, I would be sending a carefully worded e-mail to the Service Manager at the supplying dealer, as evident of your intent to abide by the service schedule, but you are understandably guided by the alert. Apologies for not being able to alleviate concern, but I’m sure you appreciate the effect of ‘Full service history’ with all (leased) vehicles. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Steve. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. I’m surprised you weren’t enticed to take out a service plan with the lease agreement - were you offered this monthly plan, and declined? 

Thanks for the info and help guys.

I didn't want a service plan as it would have cost more than what I would spend getting the car serviced myself.

I've spoken with the service dept at my local Audi dealer and he said it's all good.

The servicing is every 19k or two years. But depending on your driving style the car might need an oil change sooner of which the service indicator will flag up.

So he assures me that I haven't missed a service.

I'm going independent for the service in Jan as it is £200 cheaper and my documentation doesn't mention that it has to be main dealer maintained.

Edited by Stevei

Thanks Steve,

What you were told is fine for normal annual mileages, but low mileage use does add more potential wear and tear, so annual services are recommended under these conditions. 
Not that we need to protract this, but cost saving is fine at the front end, and let’s hope it works out at the hand-over stage. 
When you were told 19k or two years, I guess they understood your low annual mileage. 
Re. The ‘first’ service and independent servicing:- It is understood that this is acceptable, subject to the service provider being VAT registered, uses authorised parts, and has the facility to log the servicing data on to the VAG’ database. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.