Air con condenser replacement

Tony Barnes

Took my Le Mans to be re gassed as the air con wasn't working, I assumed there was a fault, originally told the pump was faulty, new pump bought and fitted...wasn't cheap, then I was told that the switch / sensor was bypassing air, so again new switch / sensor, again wasn't cheap, NOW they say the air con condenser is leaking.... £250+ to fix it, I can buy an original condenser for £55.00 there's no gas in the system at the moment, surely it's just bumper off, remove old condenser, fit new one and refit bumper? 

Anyone changed a condenser before? Any pointers?

Cheers Tony

• 8 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 10:09 PM, FirstG said:

Have you had any joy fixing your AC?

yes very easy in the end, front comes off, crash bar comes off, i had no gass in mine so just disconected it, fitted the new one and re fitted it all.

not easy for me and my brother when we did his skoda fabia some of the bolts snapped off lol and it took a while. we changed the radiator at the same time as it was only £56(mahle).

Good to hear you got it fixed, its interesting how some garages try it on..  the problem I have is my AC blows frigid air intermittantly & I get the foisty whiff when switching back from AC to normal so that tells me its intermittant. It's not blowing warm air for sure just not the frigid air it should. I can only assume the gas is low & so a gas recharge is booked for Saturday morning, £42 through Groupon. I had it regassed a couple of years ago & no leaks were detected then. We're supposed to regas every 2 years so I can only guess it's due again. I'll post the results regardless.