Audi A6 C7 4G MMI Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

Stoogey

To save a read, if you have a 4G MMI System, then it’s worth getting the actual Audi Apple CarPlay/android auto software installed rather than these retrofit boxes that are available.

However I thought I’d share my experience with the “Retro-fit” Apple CarPlay boxes that are rife on the net at the moment. So I’ve had one installed for about two years in my 2015 Audi A6 C7. In general the system would need rebooting regularly, terrible sound quality on phone calls and at times would really glitch out after long drives.

When I bought the car I asked the main dealer if they could install Apple CarPlay and they said that my MMI system was too old, and that only the 2017 models onwards could accept this as an upgrade. Turns out that was a pack of lies, as after I discovered the retrofit box was the cause of all my battery drain issues that I’d been having, the chap who runs the website below upgraded my MMI system to have CarPlay.

Hopefully this will save another poor soul all the trouble I’ve been through!

https://yorkshirevagsolutions.co.uk/products/audi-smart-phone-interface?utm_content=ios&utm_medium=product-links&utm_source=copyToPasteboard

41A0C54E-72A9-47CA-BB25-F2EBE4566031.jpeg

EC09ED81-759C-4D3C-B83C-73319B6803B2.jpeg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I own a 2017 audi a6l with oem small screen, so i need to upgrade the screen to an aftermarket large 10.25 or 12.3 inch one, this seems a perfect upgrade:

04-768x576.webp

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/audi-a6-c7-screen-upgrade-10-25-or-12-3-inch-hd-android-screen-multimedia-apple-carplay/

anyone installed such a unit before?