A6 avant drivers side footwell soaking wet!

Chrisem

Hi everyone,so I have a problem with water getting into the drivers side footwell,all other areas in the car are dry. Unsure whether this is a coolant leak from somewhere or rain water getting in,so far I have checked the drainage points around the front scuttle panel ( the ones I can see anyway ),all window and door seals are in good condition. I'm leaning more towards a coolant leak as it seems to be using quite a bit more than normal ( no leaks around engine bay ). I have not taken anything apart yet but their appears to be a pipe running underneath the car on drivers side exactly where its getting wet,im guessing this is a coolant or air con pipe but I have no idea. I'm worried about other potential damage this damp could do to the electrics etc plus it's causing the windows to fog up most of the time while driving so need to get this fixed quickly,but I really don't know where to start looking. Any help would be massively appreciated,thankyou 

Edited by Chrisem

On 9/24/2022 at 8:43 PM, Chrisem said:

Hi everyone,so I have a problem with water getting into the drivers side footwell,all other areas in the car are dry. Unsure whether this is a coolant leak from somewhere or rain water getting in,so far I have checked the drainage points around the front scuttle panel ( the ones I can see anyway ),all window and door seals are in good condition. I'm leaning more towards a coolant leak as it seems to be using quite a bit more than normal ( no leaks around engine bay ). I have not taken anything apart yet but their appears to be a pipe running underneath the car on drivers side exactly where its getting wet,im guessing this is a coolant or air con pipe but I have no idea. I'm worried about other potential damage this damp could do to the electrics etc plus it's causing the windows to fog up most of the time while driving so need to get this fixed quickly,but I really don't know where to start looking. Any help would be massively appreciated,thankyou 

• 1 year later...

Just wondering, was this the problem? I have a 2019 A6 with a wer floor. Only just bought it. It's going back to the dealer to get fixed, but I found a lot of leaves and crud under the windscreen. Looks like the previous owner parked it under a tree.  

20231021_120106.jpg

Edited by NelsonP

Have a look in the bottom of the plenum chamber and clean all the crud from the drain holes.

There are a few posts on this.

Mine actually turned out to be the heater matric leaking,I managed to stop it using some radiator stop leak additive,I know some people advise against using this, but it was either that or taking half the dashboard out to fix the problem so I took a chance. No longer have the car now as gearbox gave up on it,now got a more modern A6