Turbo Boost Sensor

DavejH

HI.  I have a 2006 Audi A3 Sportback 1.9td, 130+k miles owned since new.  Being driven mad by the engine warning light on dash - fault code P0236 (air pressure between sensors being out of range).  This started couple of years back but the car drives quite normally, at least as far as I can tell.  I kill the code and it was fine for a while but recently, it comes on each time I turn on the ignition.  Have replaced the MAP sensor and cleaned the MAF.  BUT is there another boost sensor, sometimes called Series A?  Internet says some engines have all 3 sensors but I can only find 2.  Where is the other one?

Any clues what to do would be very gratefully received.  The car has just been serviced and they couldn't sort it.  Would an Audi dedicated analyser fund the solution rather than just a generic one.

3 hours ago, DavejH said:

HI.  I have a 2006 Audi A3 Sportback 1.9td, 130+k miles owned since new.  Being driven mad by the engine warning light on dash - fault code P0236 (air pressure between sensors being out of range).  This started couple of years back but the car drives quite normally, at least as far as I can tell.  I kill the code and it was fine for a while but recently, it comes on each time I turn on the ignition.  Have replaced the MAP sensor and cleaned the MAF.  BUT is there another boost sensor, sometimes called Series A?  Internet says some engines have all 3 sensors but I can only find 2.  Where is the other one?

Any clues what to do would be very gratefully received.  The car has just been serviced and they couldn't sort it.  Would an Audi dedicated analyser fund the solution rather than just a generic one.

Hi the code is thrown up by a lack of correlation between the MAP and MAF sensor I think you should replace the MAF as they normally need replacing as a pair especially at that milage and the MAF will need to be readapted.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve.  Much appreciate your reply and sorry for the delay.

Got a new MAF yesterday and fitted it to my car.  Sadly, the light is still coming on with the same fault code P0236 but I missed your final comment!  Please can you tell me what 'readapted' means and how do I do this

6 hours ago, DavejH said:

Hi Steve.  Much appreciate your reply and sorry for the delay.

Got a new MAF yesterday and fitted it to my car.  Sadly, the light is still coming on with the same fault code P0236 but I missed your final comment!  Please can you tell me what 'readapted' means and how do I do this

Hi when you fit any new air flow part/sensor you must use VCDS or similar to readapt the new part in simple terms it gets the new part to re learn its operating parameters, try driving the car for a while and see if the light drive cycles out.

Steve.